Lefkas somewhere to stay for a month

StaySalty

Visit site
I am hoping a liveaboard will know the answer.

I'm going to Lefkas for a month to have a good scout around for a boat. I need to find some longer term accommodation. Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations please? The sort of basic place, you would stay in whilst refitting.

Not sure when I'll go yet.

Thanks

StaySalty

Crisby

Visit site
Not a live aboard yet but when we’ve been boat hunting around Lefkas we’ve used Hotel Ionnana ( spelling?) at the marina for short term, 5 or 6 days, comfortable and reasonable price. For longer Airbnb would be worth checking, any boats in mind yet? Most seem to be in the yards at Preveza.

Chris

t21

Visit site
I am hoping a liveaboard will know the answer.

I'm going to Lefkas for a month to have a good scout around for a boat. I need to find some longer term accommodation. Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations please? The sort of basic place, you would stay in whilst refitting.

Not sure when I'll go yet.

Thanks

StaySalty

I'd stay on the boat while refitting, gives impetus to getting things sorted, whatever. Anyway, i think you need to try booking.com or airbnb cos the "1 month" thing might be an issue.

A MONTH to look for a boat, from one place? Can't you checkem out on the internet first? That's what I would do. In fact that's what I did, bought the thing inside a week. I think a month is a lot of time to "start looking". Or maybe your wishlist is that the boat MUST be in Levkas...
Anyway I dunno why a liveaboard would be especially knowledgeable about hotels or places to stay... Unless they have a godawful broken boat, and even then they'd be saving for the new gearbox/engine, not splooshing on €€€accomodation? Oh well, good luck ...

Last edited:

Pasarell

Visit site
I am a liveaboard based in Lefkas marina most of the time so can't suggest where to go as I live aboard! However, there are loads of small places around the town and local villages with signs up for rooms that are almost certainly not on the internet. Maybe book a couple of nights in one of the hotels when you come out and then move onto somewhere you find locally. For what it's worth a month sounds a long time to me as well unless you have the time and want to see the whole purchase process through yourself.
I spent a week out of the water in Preveza a couple of weeks ago. Without taking any time to explore the yards there are huge numbers of boats that are either for sale or should be.

StaySalty

Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

I'm a land traveller until I get a boat, so go anywhere I want and stay until I am bored. Not short of time like most and my kids get to learn about each new place.

I will indeed book a hotel for a few nights and ask around. I will also try the Friends of Lefkas website; both great suggestions.

StaySalty

Visit site
That's a good one. Thanks MDL.

I'll also go to Preveza for a while, as Pasarell suggested, so any tips for there would be appreciated ☺️