Laundromat "etiquette"

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
Launderette for marina guests, five machines, three being used and two available.
Lady arrives with an enormous quantity of clothes, divides it into several heaps, maybe ten: two go into the available machines, all other bags of clothes are put in front of the working machines, one after the other.
Whenever a working machine ends its programs, the lady takes out the washed laundry and puts her load inside. Eventually all machines are being used by her.

Number of people in the queue begins to touch double digits. The lady does not appear to be concerned in the least, she also appears visibly upset when someone dare asking to use one single machine.
Same story with the drying machines.

What would you do ?

Tough problems innit :D

Last edited:

Sandyman

Visit site
The lady in question wasn't French was she ? :)
Womans terrain. Don't get involved :)
Having said that my wife, I am certain, would have read her horoscope.

AndrewB

Visit site
Another question of changing etiquette. One marina washing machine, completed wash lying inside, no sign of owner. Wait a bit, then empty machine into a basket, and load your own.

In the past that was accepted practice. Or so I thought. But a few days ago a young gentleman threatened my wife with physical violence if she dared touch his stuff again (then he left it in the drier). Italian in this case.

Times change.

Last edited:

Sandyman

Visit site
Another question of changing etiquette. One marina washing machine, completed wash lying inside, no sign of owner. Wait a bit, then empty machine into a basket, and load your own.

In the past that was accepted practice. Or so I thought.

Still & will remain standard practice with us. Bully boy or not.

OldBawley

Visit site
We have a wonder wash. So if I see a laundromat I grin and think about the hours we spend waiting.
Not to mention the money.

In Beziers you could not even take a walk while your stuff was in the machine, there ware lots of gypsy´s in town, stuff disappeared.

In Turkey you had to use laundry services. Even worst. They used cold water to wash and then sprayed lots of cheap perfume on the “Fresh” laundry to mask the smell.
Some 15 years ago most Turkish housewives refused to use automatic washing machines. Washing the old fashion way is cleaner than automatic machines.
Guess that attitude is lost. Clean is now sacrificed for time. Logic, they all have television now.

Unfortunately since we use the wonder wash, for some reason washing is my job. Rowing ashore to get the water also. Pretty sure I am one of the few males knowing and understanding the physics of laundry washing.

Heckler

Visit site
Launderette for marina guests, five machines, three being used and two available.
Lady arrives with an enormous quantity of clothes, divides it into several heaps, maybe ten: two go into the available machines, all other bags of clothes are put in front of the working machines, one after the other.
Whenever a working machine ends its programs, the lady takes out the washed laundry and puts her load inside. Eventually all machines are being used by her.

Number of people in the queue begins to touch double digits. The lady does not appear to be concerned in the least, she also appears visibly upset when someone dare asking to use one single machine.
Same story with the drying machines.

What would you do ?

Tough problems innit :D
Have words with greedy one. Then remove bags, if violence threatened respond in kind.
Here in LL friends wife found finished wash, emptied it as per protocol. German lady arrives and starts hectoring her as in, eet eez my machine. FW looks at the frau and tells her in her best Manc, go away in short jerks and its not your short jerks machine! Deflated frau takes her neatly folded washing and goes away!
Way to go!
Stu