Lagos

hlb

RIP
Visit site
I am attempting to convince the SHWMBO that we can take a nice leasurly trip down to Lagos in Portugal. This has come about all because of Kims Live Aboard, new furum thingy. And me getting ideas totally above my station in life. In that it might be a good idea to move south. EEerruummff err not to Bury. but south like france, Portugal, Spain ect, ect. And might be cheaper to. But down to the real question from this learned but ever so humble pannel. I want to cruise maybe 50 miles a day. Ok I'll do 100 if I have to. I need deap water moorings and most important a pub at the end of the street. Now question for the experts. Can I go from Plymouth to Lagos. (I dont care how long it takes). Within my 50- 100 mile jump per pub criteria. Stopped every night tucked up in bed. Not watching anchor for moving or getting up at 3 am. to move round to safer anchoring. Not a lot to ask but just wondering before going out and buying all the charts and pilotage to find out. It cant be done. Now we are not compeat knumbbies we have been down to Lezardria ( But cant spell it) a couple of times. Also been to Portrioux. ( But cant spell that either). Always ends up the same. leasurly cruise down and eventualy some one says we have to be rushing back. So weather forcasts goes slightly out of the window and rush back through crap and slosh. But not again. Gardeners question time again. Sorry for the incovinience. Can we just plod down there slowly and is there enough safe harbours to do it, within my miles/ time frame.

Haydn

ccscott49

Visit site
I reckon you would hve no problems with your criteria! going right round biscay coast is an awful long way though! I would be tempted to go to france, then straight across biscay, then continue cruising southish, but thats how I would do it, although I admit I went Falmouth, Las Camarinas in one go!

hlb

RIP
Visit site
I will add, that my 150 gallon fuel capacity rather restricts me to about 100 miles safe range. OK I could get a bit further with an extra tank. But that still is'nt going to cross Biscay even if I wanted to. So only skip a few harbours on the way round as far as I can see. Mind you I'm using A world atlas at the moment for navigation so theres not allot of detail. And there not strong on safe harbours and water depth ect.

Haydn

ccscott49

Visit site
If your limited to 100 miles, then thats it, you have to go round! Relax, enjoy it, you'll probaly be 10 kilos heavier when you get there with all that wonderful food around biscay, the seafood is to die for! Need crew!!!!

ccscott49

Visit site
I'll be home then, in Lagos, so pop in and have a drink, Boats Englander, on J pontoon, you can't miss her believe me!

tico

Visit site
When you get there look up a load of friends from Neyland who are there especially Jim Hope & his wife Sue on 'Tummler' he's a raggie but an OK guy. Also Tony and alison
From their reports it's a great place

ccscott49

Visit site
That Jim "Tummler" Hope is a bad man!!! He leads me astray everytime I'm home, His favourite expression the next morning is "I hate you Scotty" He will be in yuk this month sometime, then returning for the annual, party on Englander! Sue is wonderful!