Kudu's new reactor

nathanlee

Visit site
Kudu\'s new reactor

Kudu's power situation is looking rather healthy at the moment, well, almost.

I've got 40w of solar panels on the back, and CPD has lent me a Rutland 503, so I reckon I've got a couple of megawatts now. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The trouble is, I'm not entirely sure how to wire the lot up. Yesterday I ripped out ALL of Kudu's wiring and "redid" it all. It was a mess, and now I have fuses in the right place and it's a bit more simple and easy to diagnose problems. I managed to turn my head into Hair Reinforced Plastic in the process of mounting the new battery though.

Anyway, here's the rub. I've got the panels feeding the charge controller, which inputs into the batteries, which are wired in parallel give an apparent single 170ah battery (I think that's how it works anyway?).

The rutland has a separate charge controller, so what do I do there? Will it work in conjunction if I just connect that up too?

And finally, the sterling charger. That has two ouputs to charge two individual batteries, but since mine are in parallel, there's no point in doing that, right? I should just connect that on the downstream side of the fuse box like everything else, or not?

sarabande

Visit site
Re: Kudu\'s new reactor

are the batteries of the same capacity and condition ?

If one is dodgy or smaller, then you may have problems getting all those coulombs into the little cells, as preferential charging may take place.

nathanlee

Visit site
Re: Kudu\'s new reactor

[ QUOTE ]
are the batteries of the same capacity and condition ?

If one is dodgy or smaller, then you may have problems getting all those coulombs into the little cells, as preferential charging may take place.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're both the same battery, and I think they're in the same condition. Obviously one is newer, but.... What would be the ideal wiring situation?