Just pictures

Snowgoose-1

Visit site

Something a bit different. If visiting Ipswich area, on the north side of the Orwell, not too far from the bridge is this famous living old oak tree. Apparently many hundreds of year's old. The bike next to it gives some kind of scale.of girth. It's very close to the shore so accesable by flubber if you pick up a mooring at Stoke sailing club. Would suggest near high tide because of mud.

johnalison

Visit site

Something a bit different. If visiting Ipswich area, on the north side of the Orwell, not too far from the bridge is this famous living old oak tree. Apparently many hundreds of year's old. The bike next to it gives some kind of scale.of girth. It's very close to the shore so accesable by flubber if you pick up a mooring at Stoke sailing club. Would suggest near high tide because of mud.
I’m not sure that I know that tree but I sometimes go for a walk in Orwell Country Park and there are several venerable oaks there.

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
I’m not sure that I know that tree but I sometimes go for a walk in Orwell Country Park and there are several venerable oaks there.
That's right.
On Google maps the tree is called "ANCIENT FAMOUS OAK TREE".
I couldn't find it on my first trek. I then found out that if you right click on the above you get lat and long. It's close to the water but a very steep climb.

Charlie Boy

Visit site

Given it’s siting, I’m quite surprised it hasn’t been nicked yet

johnalison

Visit site
That's right.
On Google maps the tree is called "ANCIENT FAMOUS OAK TREE".
I couldn't find it on my first trek. I then found out that if you right click on the above you get lat and long. It's close to the water but a very steep climb.
Looking back, I see that I photographed it five years ago, though I don't think that was the last time I went. There is another fine tree on a bank that I also admired.
P1030613.jpgP1030614.JPG