Join the RYA fight for red diesel

JohnR

Visit site
Well wasn't that a stupid form; apart from anything else it wouldn't allow me to put in how much fuel I use - it only allows up to 10000 litres not the 27K I wanted to enter.

<hr width=100% size=1>

robind

Visit site
"why should we have a concession on red diesel?" and how can we explain & support the requirement for it to remain, I think the answer to both these questions was in an earlier post explaining that it wasnt in fact a concession. as boats were not diesel engined road vehicles D.E.R.V. and therefore have been entitled to red diesel at the same price as other non DERVs

"How can we stand by our need to retain the price"? we are British boaters, and as an island we will be needed to support our "state of Europe" in acting as coastal intelligence etc when the Navy and Coastguard are amalgamated with the naval volunteer force (Dads Navy)and eventually become reduced in size and effectiveness.

Our fishing fleet has already been reduced by the EEC to virtually nothing and is certainly not of sufficient size to support our own edible fish requirements (we are an Island after all) so we should insist that finally our government, whichever one it will be, support us or face a very serious downturn in electors at the next General election and the removal of the british boat industry from the face of this Earth.

Somebody asked "has the fuel cost in Holland affected their boat industry"? the answer is no! it hasnt because, metal boat and barge builders and the like, now saturate the UK with their inadequate coastal products. They will feel the pinch however when we are all "burning our boats" as it were.

One further suggestion to add to the lobby an MP campaign. may I suggest that we ( the members of this Forum) purchase a pair of multi sized Dodgers, duly sign written, so that whoever wishes to "photograph Kings reach Tower" may do so, whilst passing the Palace of Westminster wearing a suitable slogun to the effect that the British Boaters will not accept any increase (other than normal inflation) being applied to red diesel. the Winner of the Kings reach photographic section or dressed overall outside Parliament or whatever competition will recieve a number of donated gallons of red diesel (we would of course have a whip round) with of course the true winners being us all.

We could of course have another dodger being carried around the UK coast, rolled up at time of passing as a Batton by participating boats, Gosh I feel a revolution coming on! :eek:)) whose going to be first ?

Rob

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rejuvanu.com>RejuVanu</A>