JOG season on it's way - oh yes ....

Judders

Visit site
Crikey Flaming; on Elaine? What has bought this on?

For my part, I can't wait for 1 April yet it's coming up too fast. Have the interior of Magic is in storage and the refit is a long way from finished. I'm starting to have concerns about the Nab Tower but we are confident of being ready for Cherbourg.

flaming

Visit site
Crikey Flaming; on Elaine? What has bought this on?

Winning the Yarmouth - Cowes race last year and really enjoying it into the bargain mostly! Doing a split round the cans / JOG programme this year. Main events will be the IRC nationals and Dartmouth week, but it just happens that none of the inshore JOG series clash with our round the cans events, so seemed like a plan to have a tilt at the whole inshore series. Naturally we still aren't fans of sailing at night or going out of sight of land though, so it's just the inshore series for us!

The owner has even got a number 4 jib on order...

Judders

Visit site
Great to hear that Yarmouth was good enough to get you to come back.

I'd be very interested to hear both what would get people interested in trying a JOG race and what would get existing skippers to enter more.

flaming

Visit site
Great to hear that Yarmouth was good enough to get you to come back.

I'd be very interested to hear both what would get people interested in trying a JOG race and what would get existing skippers to enter more.

I'll be honest and say that had any of the JOG inshores clashed with a round the cans event this year, we would have dropped the JOG race. But happily they don't!

It has also been the gradual ageing of the crew pool, to the point where the idea of going somewhere and going out for a meal when we get there has become just as attractive as getting 4 ww/lw races in. Now if you can just ensure at least 15 knots and sunshine for all the series we'll be very happy!

Judders

Visit site
Less than ten days to go and I still don't know if we will be on the start line. I understand there's a very strong entry for the Nab Tower Race though.

Racecruiser

Visit site
Less than ten days to go and I still don't know if we will be on the start line. I understand there's a very strong entry for the Nab Tower Race though.

Closing on 60 entries today and a good spread across all 4 classes inc 17 in Class 6 (smaller boats) - hope you're in, if not your boat then another!

Judders

Visit site
Sadly we decided yesterday to pull Magic as the weather hasn't been right for the keel job (don't ask me, I just pay half the bills).

Pulling out early allows the crew to find another boat so hopefully we'll all be there on one boat or another.

flaming

Visit site
Well I rather enjoyed Saturday!

We really do have no business whatsoever winning a 35 mile point and squirt reaching drag race against a fleet of J Boats, but hey-ho.

roblpm

Visit site
Well I rather enjoyed Saturday!

We really do have no business whatsoever winning a 35 mile point and squirt reaching drag race against a fleet of J Boats, but hey-ho.

Just saw this. I am surprised there was no separate victory thread!!

Up here on the Forth an X332 has defeated the might of the small size J boat fleet (J80, J92, J97e) in the first couple of Wednesday night round the cans races.

All positive news for those of us who like old fashioned cruiser racers! (Which I am not including you in as I know you would like something more exciting!!)

Judders

Visit site
I forecast a few folk running aground, confusion as to whether Snowdon is a mark of the course and a stonking hangover on Sunday.

Visit site
I spent the weekend helping an owner set up and test an Elan295 ready for the JOG race this weekend. Was invited to crew but I'm pre-booked for some east coast sailing.
May well fit in one or two races through the season.

Racecruiser

Visit site
I spent the weekend helping an owner set up and test an Elan295 ready for the JOG race this weekend. Was invited to crew but I'm pre-booked for some east coast sailing.
May well fit in one or two races through the season.

Aha great, another Elan 295 to join the fray although she is on a high rating putting her in a higher class - I know the new owner, he sailed with us last year! SIs are out 52 entries (that'll keep the HM busy) with some slippery boats in class 6 so plenty to think about.