Ius primae noctis...

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
...is it the only reason why people buy a *new* boat, instead of a used one?

First time you start the engine in a new boat you have lost 5/10/15% of its value;
A used boat that has already been through heavy weather has probably already broken whatever could be broken, better when rubbish happens with someone else aboard methinks;
First scratches on the sides are first heart stroke recurrences;

Not to mention all those discussions with after sales departments..

Isn t it an expensive/unpractical first night?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Visit site
First night aboard our last boat resulted in spending the night in Newport IoW hospital having #2 son's head stitched back together as the bunk infill didn't fit and he was deposited onto the floor making a passing aquaintance with the edge of the failed shootbolt on the way.

First night aboard the current boat spent taping all the Rutgerson hatches over to stop the rain coming in. Following morning searching for a refrigeration engineer to refill the compressor and try to repair the crossed thread responsible for it's evacuation.

I see what you mean!

Steve Cronin

<hr width=100% size=1>

Rabbie

Visit site
Exactly what I've always said about cars. I think ego has something to do with it. But there again, if nobody bought them new, where would the 2nd hand ones come from?.

<hr width=100% size=1>I believe we should all pay our mooring fees with a smile. I tried — but they wanted cash.