Is there an ultimate first liveaboard sailing boat for a bachelor?

cherod

Visit site
Hello my fellow boaty-types ☺️

Thank you for clicking in for a look.

Is there an ultimate first liveaboard for a bachelor?

How big do you need to go to get 6ft headroom?

Designed for single-handed sailing?

To keep this in realms of reality for the majority let's keep budget under £20k? What's possible?

A boat that will be strong enough to sail from the UK to the Med, Portugal, maybe even the Azores...

RAI

Visit site
I got persuaded into the liveaboard life by Annie Hill's book, "Voyaging on a small income". Though no where as extreme as building my own boat.

ashtead

Visit site
Maybe but finding a partner after living aboard on your own (particularly in something like a Vega) is probably more difficult than finding one first and convincing them that life on a Moody 36 might be fun! As to Warriors, I was re reading some articles in an old PBO about them when they were still sort of current and realised how poorly designed and built they were in some respects - but owners accepted it, perhaps because many were home completed. They were really only "good" in relation to the limited alternatives that were available at the time.
Last I read Warrior Iolaire II was being sailed in Malaysia by Eoyure so they seem to keep going but maybe that one was well built which caused me to mention as many years ago I had sailed the Solent in her from Wicor .