Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Just looked.

I have 3 Navionics apps:
•*UK-Holland
•*Med
•*French Atlantic coast

Only the French Atlantic coast one has a wind overlay (and very useful it looks). It was the last one downloaded (a few days back). Maybe I have to download the latest version of the others (and pay again) to get GRIBs?

Mark-1

Visit site
Only the French Atlantic coast one has a wind overlay (and very useful it looks). It was the last one downloaded (a few days back). Maybe I have to download the latest version of the others (and pay again) to get GRIBs?

Maybe, but be careful upgrading to UK and Holland - when I updated to v5.0 I lost the Light Characteristics.

I found this out about 1/2 a mile away from Browndown on Friday night!

colingr

Visit site
Yes that "upgrade" was a backwards step as far as I am concerned. They seem to be relying on us to put the data in, :(

fireball

Visit site
Yup - looks like another £14.99 to download the same charts - just so I can get the Grib data to overlay ...
Not that fussed! Might wait till next year when they'll integrate packman into it too! ;)

mixmaster

Visit site
Get the Magic Seaweed iphone app. MS is a surfers web page but their grib data comes from the same GFS model that most others do.

bendyone

Visit site
Maybe, but be careful upgrading to UK and Holland - when I updated to v5.0 I lost the Light Characteristics.

I found this out about 1/2 a mile away from Browndown on Friday night!

It updated this morning again, I have full light details.

Mark-1

Visit site
It updated this morning again, I have full light details.

Thanks for the heads up.

Their second update in 24 hours, and it's fixed the object info issue.

DJE said:
Great thanks. Add this to the list of clever things I never new my phone did!

It even works sideways at East Head! :)

JokerBoat said:
Yep, do you think they heard us?

Well I think it's been broken since Xmas. I reported it to them this week and it's fixed today. Coincidence? I think not.

Wandering Star

Visit site
Being a bear of little brain, please can someone confirm clearly to me that this thread is describing availability of weather overlays for the Navionics iPhone 4 charting application? I've followed the instructions posted here and I can't drill down to any weather overlay option. It doesn't exist on my version of the software - or does it?

Cheers, Brian.

fireball

Visit site
Yes it is - and it's not available on my version - I've got UK-Holland (don't think that matters) version 4.4 GeoCore version 00.01.16
Found that by going to settings, scroll down and click "about"