intergrate electronics

chriswilliams29

Visit site
i have a JRC 1000 radar and a SimradCE33 both new and i would like to intergrate them .
both have wires marked gps or external compass which the manuals says this is what they are for.
I have joined them but the radar still gives no bearing etc. Any help

<hr width=100% size=1>

jfkal

Visit site
Both are most likely NMEA inputs. See whether the Radar has an NMEA input and the Simmrad an NMEA OUTPUT.

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

Assuming the Simrad has an NMEA output, you should be able to get a bearing displayed on the radar, but bear in mind it won't be any use for a 'course up' display on the radar - that needs a high speed comapss, sending something like 10 bearings per second - a standard GPS calculates a bearing based on its last position, and usually updates once a second or so.

<hr width=100% size=1>

chriswilliams29

Visit site
by what you say all i do is connect the output from the simrad to the input on the radar but not the compass wire

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

Sounds about right. The radar will be able to display position data and heading data (probably), but don't trust the heading info too much as it's computed from GPS fixes. The 'compass' input will be a dedicated NMEA port for a high speed compass, so leave it alone. Don't try to set the radar to 'North Up', as it will drive you scatty.

<hr width=100% size=1>