Hustler 35

G

Does anybody own or has anybody owned a Hustler 35.

If so, would they share their experience with me as I've seen one today and rather like the look of it.

Cheers

Geoff W

claymore

Visit site
I think John Hart used ot own when when he ran North West Sailing. No idea where he is or what he's up to
Thats not much help really is it?
Good looking boat for all that - will there not be a report if you do a search?

regards
Claymore

jimi

Visit site
I once rafted up beside one and spent a while talking to the owner about it. He really rated it, but from what I remember he reckoned it was a bit uncomfortable in bad weather but was pretty fast. Also recollect that he thought them excellent value. Sorry can't help more than that.

Jim

JeremyF

Visit site
Ask JJ

Suggest you ask James Jarmain, a regular poster here, and writer of the short boat write-ups that have been running in YM for the last year. They have done H, did James not cover the Hustler?

<font color=blue>Jeremy Flynn/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif
Dawn Chorus</font color=blue>

wayneA

www.hitrapia.co.uk
Sailed one for a week, inc a F9. Very capable boat, quick and comfortable in a sea to windward. I'd certainly look seriously at owning one myself.

Don't know much about maintaining them, but think they were moulded by Tylers and the layup is quite thick?

Someone I know has just set off around the World in his.

Not much, but hope it helps?

Cheers

Wayne

AndrewB

Visit site
I have a friend who owns one, which I raced on a couple of times last year.

Really solid seaworthy yacht, which I'd be happy to take anywhere. The design is now heavy for racing but it still performs well in stronger winds. With a round bilge, fairly narrow hull, and large genoa it is a fast cruiser but tends to sail on its ear, rather wet for the crew.

Two weeks ago I was sailing on a Hustler 25, also a very nice boat.

G

I crewed both a 30 and 35 in the 1970's in lots of offshore races. They are superb sea boats and wonderful to sail. Of course they don'y have the accommodation of a modern boat but they are lovely to look at. If yuo get a good one I think that yuo'd be very happy.