Beta 20 water leak

kevsbox

www.kevsbox.com
Hi there

Beta 20 has a small water leak just behind the impeller. The small video here shows more detail, ignore the first few secons that is me (not a pretty sight)
Thoughts please, does this look like the impeller, water pump or somthing else?

Video link

Cheers

Kev

VicS

Visit site
Beaten to it by neilf39.

You'll probably find the water is dripping from a weep hole in the pump body.

While it is only a drip it's not a problem but it will slowly get worse and if it becomes very bad there is a risk that water might get past the oil seal and into the engine oil.

Don't just replace the seal, inspect the shaft for wear.

Habebty

Visit site
Should cost about £5 for new seals from someone like ASAP. But yes, check the shaft for wear. Easy to remove pump and dismantle. Also check area on engine where the pump is bolted to for any corrosion.

Corribee Boy

Visit site
Any luck with solving the leak? For those that know, how do the shaft bearings come off? I have the same problem and appreciate guidance on the technique, if anyone's feeling generous!

kevsbox

www.kevsbox.com
Any luck with solving the leak? For those that know, how do the shaft bearings come off? I have the same problem and appreciate guidance on the technique, if anyone's feeling generous!
I have just ordered a new pump from betamarine.co.uk
part number 207-61500
O ring part number 209-08266
1714746780196.png1714746838488.png
I did ask about guides for fitting and the response was - I don’t have any diagrams for changing the seal. I have attached photos of the pump stripped down. I believe it is just a circlip behind the impeller, which holds the seal and shaft in place. Can anyone confirm this if that correct?

V1701

Visit site
I had exactly the same symptoms, all that was needed was to replace the lip seal which I was able to do without removing the pump itself, it's just behind the impeller. I got a service kit from Germany here, only used the lip seal and replaced the lip seal from the kit with the same off Amazon for a few quid. ASAP wanted £20 odd just for the lip seal. As above it's important that you get the seal with stainless spring and that you get it the correct way round, I found this video helpful...