How much is this trailer worth?

Colvic Watson

Visit site
The trailer I bought with my boat is too big and will never get used. So I thought I would sell it, I know the boat will be worth less than I paid but otherwise I have to pay monthly storage for it (no space at home) and it sits in a boatyard. But I have no idea how much to put it up for on B&O. It's a Snipe double axle braked trailer. I think it maybe what's called a break back because it has a large sprung pin that can be removed to allow the back 2 thirds to slope downwards. From the movable bow fitting I measured it would take a 26 foot boat and has side rollers and a central 'hollow' beam to take a fin keel. This is not an underhand advert at all BTW, I genuinely have no idea how much to charge for it. Thanks for your suggestions.

Simon

IMG_0336.jpg

Ru88ell

Visit site
Get the boat off it, clean it, photograph it, make a short YouTube video it. Put it on Ebay for 10 days to finish on a Sunday evening. You might get £500 - £800 quid - or more.

I did just that recently with mine and got over £900.

Seajet

Visit site
Might well be an idea to aim at trailable ( as opposed to trailer sailer ) boats; if you pass me your price, location and contact details when decided I'll advertise it for free on the Anderson 22 website, may do you and an owner a favour...PM me if you wish to do this.

Last edited:

VicS

Visit site
and if you have not already sold it be sure to quote its rated capacity in kg

Colvic Watson

Visit site
Thanks for the pm's and replies, according to the web it's new price is just under £3,000. I'll give it a spruce up and take photos and a video as suggested. Based on the replies about a third of that new price seems right - thanks very much for your advice and Seajet if you can pm me your email address I'll send you the details for the Anderson 22 site - sounds like a good idea.

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
What is the max gross weight and rated capacity? That's crucial info.

I've been looking for a trailer for Brigantia - and deciding it'll have to wait 'cos I can't afford one - so I've got a fair idea of current asking prices for that sort of size of trailer and in good nick £800 to £1000 is about the norm s/h

I would do as an earlier OP suggested - whack it on Ebay with a reserve of around £800 and a starting price a good deal lower that that (don't start the auction off at £800, it tends not to attract opening bids). Make sure you've got several good photos on the auction page and a full description including shots of the tyres (and ideally, if known, how old they are) and a photo of the manufacturers info plate

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you got into four figures although you have to be prepared for the possibility of timewasters

HTH