How many of us wished we had not bought our boat

Seastoke

Visit site
For us the kids finally did one and the boat took us back to our dream and we found each outher and our dream ,and thanks the the boat has been great

Nigelpickin

www.cornishcottageholidays.co.uk
For us the kids finally did one and the boat took us back to our dream and we found each outher and our dream ,and thanks the the boat has been great

Well that's a lovely sentement; we are in that transient period between halcyon days of long summer's boating with kids and the realisation that we can soon be perhaps a little more selfish with our time. Very much enjoying looking back at our boating life and looking forward to the things to come....Happy days :)

Jurgen

Visit site
The only thing that kept me from boating sooner was money.

Don't regret for 1 moment getting into boating, the cost so far could never replace the enjoyment and memories past and yet to come.

jamie langstone

Visit site
There has been times when i thought should i sell the boat as the cost of owning a boat is outrages some times. But i look back at the friends i have gained and the great times i have had and will have. The way i look at it is i don,t smoke,drink much or spend money on fast cars so why not own something that gives so much enjoyment . Also live for today and not tomorrow as who no,s what could happen. I don't never what to say i wish i had done that.

Chamaerops

Visit site
My only regret is not getting a boat when I was younger.
We got our first boat at last years SIBS and enjoy every opportunity throughout the year to be afloat. When we got her I thought it would be the only boat that I would own as they cost so much to buy.
However, I had a health scare by way of a minor heart attack in May and decided that as boating is now the most pleasurable thing that I do, I would throw caution to the wind and upgrade to a bigger boat. So at the end of July, Madelina our MF645 was part exchanged for the MF855. The agreement with the dealer was that we could continue using Madelina until she was sold. But unfortunately for us, she sold after only a week to the first person who saw her, so now we have been boatless for three months. The withdraw symptoms are as bad as any drug but now the new boat is almost here. We have named her Cordisque which is latin for Happy Heart, which is what I will definitely have in a few weeks time when back on the water.

Jegs

Visit site
Well, when I'm doubled over the genny, trying to grip the dipstick....................

John G

Greg2

Visit site
Never regretted getting into boating. I have always had a love of the sea and all things nautical and I have been lucky enough to have the family share it with me.We have such wonderful memories and have met loads of nice people and made some great friends along the way. Now the kids are doing their own thing the boat is still at the centre of family life and will continue to be so :)

kcrane

Visit site
Never regretted getting into boating. I have always had a love of the sea and all things nautical and I have been lucky enough to have the family share it with me.We have such wonderful memories and have met loads of nice people and made some great friends along the way. Now the kids are doing their own thing the boat is still at the centre of family life and will continue to be so :)

+1

STEVEDUNSTABLE

sites.google.com
one word answer is NO !!!!!!............... the doors and opportunities that my S24 has opened and given me and bruv are endless .... eg. crewing on Sealine deliveries across the med to mention just 1...... hohum

rafiki_

Visit site

+3. I am never more chilled than on board. My wife says that she can see me visibly relax. Mind you, could be something to do with the lubrication on board :)
Our Snazi is our 4th Mobo, although I started in dinghies, then spent years windsurfing when money was tight. Mobo came later.

capsco

Visit site
I have been boating now for almost 40 years and looking forward to another 10 years, however my world has now fallen apart.
2 days ago I was diagnosed terminally ill, other than concerns for my family naturally, the one thing that is breaking my heart is that I will have to part with my boat asap.
So to answer the op question, no I haven't

sonvida2

Visit site
+3. I am never more chilled than on board. My wife says that she can see me visibly relax.

Same here with the exception that we sold SV2 in 2011 as a cost cutting measure in the downturn. It was a painful decision at the time but I soon found other ways to relax.

During these difficult times I never "wished we had not bought our boat" as the memories over nine years are sure to see us return some day soon.

ontheplane

Visit site
I have been boating now for almost 40 years and looking forward to another 10 years, however my world has now fallen apart.
2 days ago I was diagnosed terminally ill, other than concerns for my family naturally, the one thing that is breaking my heart is that I will have to part with my boat asap.

I am very sorry to hear this - however don't leap into selling the boat.

There are some great people who'll sort out selling it when you really can't use it any more - but you really MUST enjoy the time you have left.

My father was diagnosed with terminal cancer last year and given 6 months to live. He's still with us 11 months on so you can't rely on what you've been told being gospel.

Enjoy the time you have, and use the boat as much as you can / want to until you can't use it any more - sell it then.....

Bertramdriver

www.williamsandsmithells.com

The event which tipped us into buying the Bertram was similar to yours, but with an unknown outcome. I was suffering a major degradation in brain function affecting my coordination, concentration, and memory. The consultant said "what ever you fail to use you will lose". The more you lose, the faster you will shake hands with Dementia."
It was SWMBO who kicked me into buying the boat. It was I who chose a tired and dated boat in need of refurbishment, rather than a smart new cruiser. So over the past 12 years I have re learned woodwork, learned metal work including welding, grp restoration, electric and electronic wiring and installation. To draw up designs I have had to re discover geometry and algebra. The list goes on including writing and publishing a book.
I don't know how much longer I have as I can feel my abilities degrading but every time I'm on the boat I offer a prayer of thanks to her for what she's given me and my family. I also ask for enough time to finish my latest novel.
All I can add is make no concessions and go down fighting, make the most of whatever time you have left with your boat and God be with you and your family.

lisilou

Visit site
I was about to post when I read your response Capsco. I've no words. You've stopped me dead in my tracks tbh. I guess all I can say now is I'm grateful for everything boating has brought us over the last five years. The quality of life; the many good friends we've met and continue to meet along the way; the adventures; the laughs. The only thing left to say after reading your post is...I will try never take all that for granted because, as you've made so painfully clear Capsco...we just never know how long we can keep it.
I wish you all the very best Capsco. Never give up hon.
L
:)

kanajobe48

Visit site
Hi
Boating has been the best for all of our family, through boating we have enjoyed meeting genuine freinds, our eldest jet skied to Alderney and back when he was 14, he is now at plymouth studying maritime and navigational science to be a skipper, our 14 year old wants to do exactly the same as his brother, it has given the kids confidence and developed a sense of maturity beyond their age when handling boats and being around boaty people, my wife says i only relax when I'm on the boat, we have had close family holidays including this year with our 18 year old, the life experiences that all of us have enjoyed is far more than we could ever have imagined without a boat, in all, it is by far the most expensive luxury we have bought but by far the best pounds per smiles we have have ever invested in, I am one happy boater ��