How about a not whereizzit, but your places pics?

mainsail1

Visit site
Yes...... I used to patrol on a grey MFV along the back side of Gib in the early hours of the morning when everyone else was asleep........many moons ago. What it was to be a young sub. The RN Gibraltar Squadron with fast patrol boats was not in existence then.

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
This is my place with my boat on the left. I'm beginning to wonder whether this is the closest I will get to her this summer. :cry:

veritas4322.jpg

Richard

capnsensible

Visit site
I got some piccies of Sabre and Scimitar in action doing various tasks. Quite active these days.

Re. MFV's. An old friend of mine, a recently retired Yachtmaster Examiner, was drafted to Gib many tides ago as a very young AB. During the border closure era. Hes got some great stories about trips down to Mdiq, the fishing port south of Ceuta. Regular runs to take service wives to the fresh produce market.

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
Fab picture Richard. Is that from a drone?

Yes. Not being flown by me but by Veritas Yachting who are a very helpful yacht charter company near our pontoon. :)

Just looking at the photo now, it struck that one could believe that the sea is behind the drone and we are looking up a river running inland when, in fact, the reverse is the case.

Richard