Honfleur help!

pelicanpete

Visit site
I am planning a trip to Honfleur from the South Coast within the next few days. Visited my local chandlery to buy latest charts and Imray's has been amended. Lines have been drawn through the Honfleur port chartlet with the word "WITHDRAWN" written in large capitals but no explanation.

Does anyone know why this 'amendment' has been made? Why has Honfleur been "withdrawn?" Anyone out there with recent experience of viviting Honfleur who can shed some light on this? Appreciate any comment/advice/help.

Also, do the French authorities require me to have CEVNI endorsement on my ICC to visit Honfleur? I haven't got CEVNI (never intending to use the canals or rivers) so will this present me with a problem when I arrive?

Thanks in advance for help from those fellow sailors in the know.

Pete.

<hr width=100% size=1>It's more important to be liked
than to like to be important.

jerryat

Visit site
Hi!

You certainly don't need the CEVNI to visit Honfleur. I suspect that the 'withdrawn' comment refers to the expected new revision to the port detailed chartlet. That is, the existing chartlet is now way out of date and a new one is pending. Old charts will therefore be marked as 'withdrawn' or 'out of date' to warn mariners that things have substantially changed.

I haven't been to Honfleur for about four years but I'm sure it's still there!! No doubt others here will be able to explain the chartlet change reasons in more details for you.

Cheers

Jerry

<hr width=100% size=1>

mickp

Visit site
Sailed into Honfluer last month fro Bastille Day - Fantastic lovely harbour.
Dont know why it has been withdrwn ?
I used Reeds Channel Almanac 2004 gives all details of approaches and locks and bridges.
Watch out for Tide can be very fast and awkward to turn into lock.
Lock opens on the hour and half our one for out and one for in. Takes about 1.5 hrs from No 4 Bouy at estuary entrance to Lock at 5-6 knots.
You do not need Cevni
Well worth the visit
Enjoy

<hr width=100% size=1>

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
Probably withdrawn ‘cos they’ve moved Honfleur up past Rouen, so it is easier for Parisians to visit for the August holiday, so you will need to drop your mast and get a CEVNI /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>
ladybug_zigzag_md_wht.gif

willothewisp

Visit site
Was there only a few weeks ago - be sure to pick your tide, tidal stream can run strong on the Seine. The chartlet in the Reeds gives you all you need to know- beware the bridge into the old harbour doesn't open between 12.30 and 16.30 local time. Plenty of room to tie up and wait - the harbourmistress comes alongside and tells you all you need to know, presenting you with a booklet about H. Showers are a long walk though....
Don't forget your camera!
Enjoy your trip,

Coby

<hr width=100% size=1>