Helpful Sailing & Boating Sites

apbristow

Visit site
Useful Crew Management Site

Some may find www.4clubs.biz useful.

If you have a squad of regulars who might want to crew for you, and a number of outings/races/cruises when you will be looking for crew, it does a really useful job. You enter the dates you want crew, and those who want to simply sign up online for themselves. I'm using it for planning my 2012 'season'.

It also works for those who are organising rallies, regattas etc for taking online entries etc. And it provides a facility for taking online bookings for charterers, halls, gites etc.

I think the site is new but it is UK based and looks very promising. It's good to see that it takes data security seriously.

Pleiades

Visit site
"Sailers" - Helpful sailing & Boating Site

The "Sailers" site is back up and running after recovery from an attack by internet web site pox.
Lots of good boaty bits for information - worth a skim.
http://www.sailers.co.uk/

Cheers,

Robin
Pleiades of Birdham
MXWQ5

FGalvin

Visit site
One of the best sites I have found gives almost daily information on diverse, exotic, and terrific places to go yachting and sailing. Plus they help you find people who share that passion for the ocean and boating. Take a look at yachtdates, particularly their Facebook page.

Great stuff!

www.e2e.us

YachtAllegro

Me - Inverness / Boat - Inner Sound, West Coast
Visit site
Written by a friend of mine this site has a lot of useful information about what to do from most of the Scottish anchorages between the Mull of Kintyre and Ardnamurchan - it really is pretty comprehensive:
http://www.scottishanchorages.co.uk/
Its a nice companion to the pilot books, which are good at telling you how to get there but tend to be rather light on what there is to see once the anchor's down. Well worth a look.

Cheers
Patrick