Helpful Sailing & Boating Sites

Forest Girl

Visit site
What would be really useful is a website holding all the tidal stream atlas illustrations from the almanacs.
Any ideas if one exists?

Crabber24

www.ncirossallpointfleetwood.co.uk

Forest Girl

Visit site
Tidal atlas

Perfect! Thank you so much. I've been searching for something like this forever. If you google tidal stream atlas you only get sites selling them in paper form.
Thanks again.
:)

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Wind?? Where??
People chatting and not concentrating on the job in hand more to blame.
If I owned the boat next door I think I'd put ball fenders all round! :)

I agree. Excellent example of how not to do it. In the first place a crewmember should be on the foredeck to fend off the downwind boat. If that person then pushed the bow off on reaching the stern of the moored boat the turn would have been made easily. On my boat, which behaves in exactly the same way, I would have turned to port and gone out astern.

davidfox

Visit site
This video is an interesting example of how a little wind can make a big difference when coming away from a marina berth!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqd1HNSFvCc

Perfect example of not being aware of what is happening, needed a bit more of a charge astern to get some steerage, going so slowly just allowed the vessel to drift sideways, must have scraped that neighbours boat all the way down, they didnt seem to notice??

www.snowstar.co.uk
Last edited:

gshaw

Visit site
DIY Nav Station and Daylight Readable Monitor

In case anyone here is interested.

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/DIYSR/

A discussion group for the design and construction of a DIY Sunlight Readable monitor, principally for use in the marine environment, for both power and sailing boats, that wish to use laptops or low power PC's to run navigation and weather software on-board. Sure there are commercial monitors available but at a major cost, the idea here is to come up with a low cost alternative, yet give the best performance possible. We will also discuss the computers that drive the monitors and the software that runs on the computer. Also included will be the new breed of tablet, iPhone, iPad and Android device and how it can be integrated on-board. Waterproof cases and such like. THIS IS NOT A COMMERCIAL SITE all info discussed will remain in the public domain for free. Any commercial company wishing to post here can do so providing it is not blatant advertising and it is of benefit to the group.

hope it is of use to some... George

Landlock'd

Visit site
My ICS Flash Cards Resource

Hi all,

I'm new here, but I thought this would interest some of you!

I recently wrote an Android app to help me memorize the International Code of Signals (ICS) flags. It's called "ICS Flash Cards"

Check it out here: https://market.android.com/details?id=ics.flash.cards&feature=search_result

It was really helpful for me, so I decided to publish it. (My first published app!) Be gentle in your reviews :)

I'll be updating it per user request, so feel free to email me some feedback or write it into a review.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have,
Landlock'd