Help and opinion on 40HP Lombardini Diesel

bilgola

Northern Beaches of Sydney, NSW, Australia
www.rtohelp.com.au
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and wondered if anyone out there could help me. I have an old timber 26 foot Halvorsen cruiser. She's considered a classic in this part of the world. The thing is that her original engine (Chrysler Ace, petrol) is starting to become less reliable and I'm looking for an alternative diesel replacement.

There are plenty of possibilities that I know about, Yanmar, Kubota etc but they all mean we would have to raise the engine hatch (floor) level. Don't want to do that

We recently came across a 40HP Lombardini that fits the bill perfectly its the right size and well priced. Trouble is I've never heard of them before in Australia. They are said to be very big in Europe (made in Italy) but not much is known about it here in Oz. Can anyone help me with an opinion here. Any thoughts would be most welcome

Regards,

Mike

dragoon

Visit site
Hi Mike,
you might want to repost this in one of the other sections (e.g. Practical Boat Owner) to get a decent response. You've posted it in the section for discussion of "red diesel" in the UK.

Cheers,
Paul