Hello all

Cantata

Visit site
A belated 'hello all'.
Having just started looking at the forums again after a long period when I just dipped in occasionally (I found them much too scary!), you East Coast types seem a family-friendly lot, so I thought I'd stick my head up and say hello.
I sail out of Oare Creek, off the Swale, and somehow became one of the three authors of the other East Coast Pilot book, (i.e. not the one that dear old Jack Coote once wrote). Even more puzzling is that I ended up running the website too. I thought I was retired!
Anyway, I hope I might be able to dip in occasionally and help folk out although I'm sure I'll learn much more than I can give. Would be nice to come and join some of your events too, especially if any occur over here on the south side.

Artemis_C2121

www.sailblogs.com
Not sure about family friendly however if you enjoy being abused insulted and generally having the micheal taken out of you you have found the perfect place.

On the flip side is they seem to be as helpful and easy going a bunch as you likely to meet.

Welcome to the mad house

Neville

Pye_End

Visit site
So - did I meet your wife in Homebase a few days before you went off to Holland for a month, or have I got the wrong Moody!?!

MoodySabre

Visit site
Hello Dick - I knew you were lurking!

I am trying to find a suitable date (tide and domestic calender) for a trip to Harty Ferry via the forts and windfarm. At least T_S and alldownwind have expressed an interest and some other North of the river-ites might be persuaded to venture south. Having been there but not gone ashore a bit of local knowledge would be useful. I'll stick up a post on it soon.

Gin

Visit site
'umble you may be, but what do you know? Now I'm rubbing shoulders with an 'orfer', I reckon I could charge folk for talking to me.

Course me spelin wil 'ave to improove fust, beefor I could foller yure eggsample!!

Cantata

Visit site
Hi Roger, would be nice to see you down this way. But we are hoping to get away around Aug 15 and come up 'your' way for maybe a week, and also we should be back up there on the last weekend in Aug for a Moody rally at Tollesbury.
As for Gin rubbing shoulders wiv orfers, what I want to know is who has been rubbing shouldes wiv my wife.

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Hello Dick.

Welcome to our happy little corner of the forum. Your knowledge and insight will be most appreciated!

Its a good point about the more southerly members of the East Coast section.... we've been a bit 'north-ist' and perhaps this is the very prod we need to try some Medway and around abouts type events.....

FullCircle

Visit site
Say hello to my Mum, she is in Swalecliffe....
welcome Dick, I am also guilty of not quite making it to the Swale Medway lately, but at least I was at the Medway winter gathering in the Curry Ship at Rochester last December.

Cantata

Visit site
Thanks all, nice welcome.
Off for a nice mucky day tomorrow, up at sparrow-f*rt to take the boat down to Whitstable to dry out on the beach and scrub. Going very slowly at the moment! Anyone passing, we'll be the white boat in front of the yacht club, and the filthy old bloke lying underneath.