Haul out in the Balearics

samwise

kalessin-of-orwell.blogspot.com
For various reasons we are involved in a lot of to and fro between our boat in the Med and the UK this season. This will involve leaving it for two periods of just over a month each time. I think I have resolved the first period but the second parking problem occurs in June/July when we plan to be in the Balearics and when marina charges start to climb. I know that some of the old Med hands, faced with this situation, opt for a haul out and storage ashore at this time when hardstanding is freely available. I could use some of the time to do the usual antifoul etc, before the family join towards the end of July, but I wondered if anyone had experience of doing this and if indeed it was cheaper. I have been looking at Mahon, but I suspect I may run into problems with Spanish rules on DIY work and living on board.

badman

Visit site
Very hard to find some where in Spain that will allow you to work on your boat on the hard, also most places will not let you stay on board.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Two places that will let you do both are Palma Boatyard and Bonaire, at the north end of the island. PB is a working yard, not cheap, but owners can do any work they want and sleep aboard. Bonaire is a good little yard that is very easy going, they will allow anything! A bit out of the way but quiet. Cheap in winter, I guess relatively so in summer. No on-water berths when I last checked.

prescott56

Visit site
try santa ponsa been ok for last few times, but didn't haul out last year as bought new boat.
but always let mework on the old boat.
don't think they would let you stay abord though.
roy

craw4d2003

Visit site
we hauled our boat in Sta Eulalia boat yard in Ibiza last october. We had no problem living aboard whilst doing all our work which took about three weeks, the only thing we couldn´t do up on the hard was go up the mast. The prices are quite reasonable we were charged about 16 euros a day for a 50 ft boat. You need to speak to a guy called Miguel who runs the boat yard, a tip goes down well to getting good service.