Gravesend

oldgit

Visit site
Why anyone would want to stop anywhere near Gravesend would be a mystery to anyone who knows the place.However a trip to any of the Thames info websites is always worthwhile.Think there is one dock actually to the east of the town but the next spot is quite a way up.Mostly big commercial craft whizzing around and therefore heaps of wash the order of the day.

<hr width=100% size=1>Two boats please one here n one in the Med

trev

Visit site
Gravesend Sailing Club have a few moorings (buoys) and there are a few PLA buoys (yellow) close to the club which can be used by arrangement. The outer mooring buoys will give you at least a metre at LW, but the inner buoys dry out. There is also a dock basin behind the club - no experience of this. Try the club website - I think gravesendsc.co.uk or google it.

<hr width=100% size=1>Trev

LeonF

Visit site
Ignore old git! I'm a member of Gravesend Sailing Club and so am biased. It may not be the prettiest of places but it certainly is interesting. If its high water you could come alongside the clubhouse, although the channel can be challenging.You line up the lock gates with the blocks of flats on the north shore. My boat draws six foot and i manage it as long as the mud is covered. It's a short walk into town, and we have visitors moorings where you can stay the night. If the club is open please come ashore for a drink. If you want to telephone the number it is:01474 533974

<hr width=100% size=1>L.A.R.Ferguson