GPS/Chartplotter for flybridge

peterandjeanette

Visit site
Advice please. I have a Raymarine GPS/Chartplotter/Radar at inside helm position. I would like a chartplotter on the flybridge. Raymarine quote over £2500 for colour daylight viewable repeater. I don't think so!! Does anyone have a view on a good sunlight viewable GPS/Chartplotter for around £500 - £1000 that has an internal antenna, can be fixed if necessary to a suitable surface and CAN BE SEEN IN SUNLIGHT. Views on Garmin 176C GPSMap 76S especially welcome. (If anyone can come up with a Raymarine colour repeater at a good price then let me know. I love to see pigs fly.)

RayB

Visit site
Search for a recent thread on the 176, good piece of kit. I have a 3 month old boxed black and white one for sale if anyone is interested...............................

"Hopefully that won't be too expensive to fix?"

nicho

Visit site
Sorry, I don't, but do not be tempted to purchase a secondhand, early model colour unit for the flybridge - you simply will be unable to see it in any sort of bright light. The new Raymarine High Bright screens are however fantastic - in full sunlight, they lose little/ no clarity. Expensive yes, but I've just ordered one for my new boat and believe they are worth the additional cost. In my experience most 4 colour grey models will give no problems in sunlight.

robinborton

Visit site
I am very happy with my Furuno 1850 6.5" colour LCD which was about £1000 (bought in the US and saved £300) but on a flybridge you might need a few more pixels....not sure I have never been out in the sun with mine
But if you spent the money to buy what you really want you wont regret it
Robin