GPS ariel

G

[ QUOTE ]
Hi sbc
So I can connect to the computer through the NMEA cable ? would I have to buy a special lead as the one I was sent has the Lowrance plug on one end and three wires red black and yellow at the other or can I fit a serial or USB plug to this.
Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going to have to check the manual ... but it sounds similar to the one that came with my 3500C ... the leads are ready to connect to a RS232 serial plug .. There should be a section the manual detailing connection for NMEA.

As to upload / download waypoints - which I think you are after .. I don't think you can as you would need a program on your PC working in Lowrance format ... The Lowrance will supply data though to any program on your PC that can read NMEA.
Transfer of waypoints using MMC or SD card is fine and in fact is handy ......... I actually load own charts made up for my river etc. along with marks / routes etc. using a second card .. once uploaded (as usr files ) I put back my chart card and fine ... both show - one as overlay on other ...

Honest have a look in the book and all will be revealed !! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pete

Visit site
Hi sbc
The book just says orange = receive yellow = transmit black = ground.
If I cannot load my hand held Garmin 76 waypoints via my PC it`s no great deal.
Thanks for your help
pete

G

[ QUOTE ]
Hi sbc
The book just says orange = receive yellow = transmit black = ground.
If I cannot load my hand held Garmin 76 waypoints via my PC it`s no great deal.
Thanks for your help
pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the ones ... same as mine.

Suggest a site such as : http://vancouver-webpages.com/peter/index.html or any other you find with serial plug pin-outs ..