Good UK schools for a Yachmaster Coastal course around July?

PolymathArtisan

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm wanting to do my Yachtmaster Coastal soon. I'd like to do a long prep week (5 days, so a total of 7 days for the whole thing including exams) and living in Southampton a school in the Solent somewhere would be ideal, and I'm only really free mid - late July (Septmeber is a possibility, but only if absolutely necessary). I was originally going to go with Hamble School of Yachting with Sailing Logic as my second choice, but couldn't quite get a deposit together in time (either that or I'm just misremembering the available dates that I thought would be good).

Where can anyone recommend that's good? I did my Comp Crew and Day Skipper with Solent Boat Training, but there prep course is much shorter which is a deal breaker for me. I've also since heard some less-than-glowing reviews of there instruction, and they do have very prices, so I've been put off. I'm happy to pay for the best possible tuition, I think that at this level it's especially worth it. I'm looking at the British Offshore Sailing School who do a five day prep week at a time which really suits me, but I can't find much independent review of them. So I am asking for the opinions and experiences of people who might actual learn at these places not the corporate guff that one can find on the internet...

All advice appreciated, thanks!