Gludys Real New Boat

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Jfm - No, its 1996, so I guess it cannot be hull 68.
On the data sheet that came with the boat it called Squadron 59/68
Thai here I got the 68 from.
I guess I can ring Fairline and find out.

<hr width=100% size=1>Paul

jimg

Visit site
Re: Hull Number

If you look on the transom there is usually a plate or moulded series of letters and numbers, this will tell you the model number, year of manufacturer and hull number. I do not have the code sequence to hand, but could find it for you if you are interested

<hr width=100% size=1>

jimg

Visit site
Re: Hull Number

You can find an explantion here:-
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/hin.html>http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/hin.html</A>
So your boat was made in Great Britain by Fairline in March 1996 and is model year 1996, I believe that it is model code 08 and hull number 123 in that range.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: stern thruster not needed imho

congrats gludy.

On an even larger boat, a similarly cautious newbieish owner fited a stern thruster (leopard 23m hardtop as 3rd boat) and never ever used it. Reason is that weight goes up in proportion to the cube of the length, wherteas windage goes up in proporttion only to the square. Also, you get loads more help and space. But big boats sit in the water with much more stability. Leave the stern thruster off, and fit later if you really really really need it. I bet you won't.

That apart, the fairline is much nicer looking boat than cara imho.

<hr width=100% size=1>

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Eyup. Werstibin. Cant see what stern thrusters would do. Whats up with the normal engines for wiggling the arse about.

<hr width=100% size=1> <font color=blue> Haydn

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

I have to agree that the bigger the boat the less windage in proportion to squatting rights! However in tight locks, tight berths etc, with a 60 foot boat and few crew, surely it must take a lot of stress away to have a nice remote control controlling the bow and stern thrusters - you can even get off yourself and help ties up whilst still keeping some control. I cannoy say anyone is wrong or roght because I do not have the experience.

On another note, I take possession Saturady morning down in Port Solent and will be spendinga week on her cleaning her, up doing lots of odd jobs etc. If anyone wants to pop by for a beer, they would be very welcome.

<hr width=100% size=1>Paul

Other threads that may be of interest