Giant Causway

wully1

Visit site
Or you can go up the river Bahn (Bann?) to Colraine and get a bus.

Be warned, if you’ve been to Fingals Cave it’s a bit disappointing and last time we were there (by road )we took one look at the tourist development and kept going...

Skylark

Visit site
Which is the closest marina to stay when cruising to see the causway.
When are you planning to visit, Roy?

Nothing firm as yet but I’m planning a trip to Belfast Lough with a few friends to meet-up with an ex-work colleague who’s just moved from North Manchester to Northern Ireland?

We last sailed those waters towards Londonderry where we met the incoming Clipper Fleet a couple of years ago.

It would be good to meet to bury the hatchet ?

Bav32

Visit site
Fully agree with Wully1.re Fingal's cave being much better. I,'e managed to get right inside by dinghy which is well worth it if the weather is suitable.
The bus loads of people just going to the (expensive) exhibition might let you know has become just another "destination". However good to know that after a short walk it's free .
Worth going to the Hotel bar too.
Portrush, although closer has limited space for visitors, so probably best to check ahead.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
I walked Giant' Causeway to Carrick-a-Rede for work a few years back and thought Ballintoy looked a very nice place to visit. Is that an option?

As for the Giant's Causeway ... I found it no more than mildly interesting. When you've seen a hundred basalt columns you have seen all eleven thousand. It's free, though the visitor centre tries very hard to give the impression that it is not.

Seastoke

Visit site
When are you planning to visit, Roy?

Nothing firm as yet but I’m planning a trip to Belfast Lough with a few friends to meet-up with an ex-work colleague who’s just moved from North Manchester to Northern Ireland?

We last sailed those waters towards Londonderry where we met the incoming Clipper Fleet a couple of years ago.

It would be good to meet to bury the hatchet ?
If I remember it’s your round, but getting drinks out of a raggie is hard.

underdog

Visit site
Given the right conditions you could anchor at Port Ballintrae where there is a slipway and walk crossing the River Bush by footbridge and along Runkerry Beach and follow the coastal path to The Giants causeway. A distance of approx 2 miles

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
I walked Giant' Causeway to Carrick-a-Rede for work a few years back and thought Ballintoy looked a very nice place to visit. Is that an option?

As for the Giant's Causeway ... I found it no more than mildly interesting. When you've seen a hundred basalt columns you have seen all eleven thousand. It's free, though the visitor centre tries very hard to give the impression that it is not.
The ones at High Island Reservoir in Hong Kong are far more spectacular, and unusual in that they have formed in a pyroclastic deposit, not a lava as at Staffa and Giant's Causeway. They also extend over a vast area.
DSCF8212-DSCF8213.jpg
rockpic25.jpg

Ink

Visit site
The ones at High Island Reservoir in Hong Kong are far more spectacular, and unusual in that they have formed in a pyroclastic deposit, not a lava as at Staffa and Giant's Causeway. They also extend over a vast area.
DSCF8212-DSCF8213.jpg
rockpic25.jpg

It's going to be a bit difficult building it in to my summer cruise though ?

Ink

dunedin

Visit site
It's free, though the visitor centre tries very hard to give the impression that it is not.

I would second that point. When we went there by car it seemed the only way in was via the visitor centre. Fortunately we were there with a local, and she swerved to starboard and round the side of the building to find the path, which had not been immediately obvious.

Masses of Game of Thrones tourists.