genoa sheet

djs

www.uniquesolutions.co.uk
Hi. we shredded a genoa sheet last weekend - they were in pretty poor nick - can anyone recommend a good value supplier, preferably online or mail order? Also, what diameter would folk suggest. the old ones were so furry and old they were about 18mm and i'm unsure what diameter would be a suitable replacement. I'm thinking of 12 or 14mm. boat is 32 foot, 120% genoa.

Ta Dave /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Evadne

Visit site
I think you'll find the breaking strength is far in excess of the loads, so whatever diameter feels comfortable, and fits through the blocks and round your winch. I find anything less than 14mm too thin, and definitely prefer the matt stuff (despite the price) to the shiney stuff.

As to supplier, I use my local swindlery (Aladdin's cave, Bursledon). I find the rope in the offcuts bins is never long enough or the right diameter.

TiggerToo

Visit site
Try contacting Barry Edwards at BoatRopes BoatRopes . Cheap and good quality material. Also good advice from a yachty to a yachty. Excellent at responding, sending free samples etc.

No connection except as a satisfied customer.

Richard10002

Visit site
I've just bought 14mm for our Moody 44. The chap who sold it to me had ordered 12mm for his Jeanneau Sun odyssey 37 and 14mm was to big for him.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
I priced new mooring warps from Jimmy Green and Barry Edwards. Cost from BE was less than half that of JG for exactly the same dimensions. Plus I save on the postage as I live about 45 minutes drive from BE. The warps are superb but colours available on all ropes are limited.