Genoa - Kemp
Good condition
Open to offers around £300 mark
(North West - Lancashire)

Last edited:

davesea123

Visit site
furling gear

Hi there. Wondering if this would fit my fractionally rigged folksong. GRP version of folkboat. If you think it might can you give me some more info? Dimensions and the like. Or where I might find it on the internet. Have had a quick look but have not found a lot. Many thanks. Dave

Signed Out

Visit site
Hi there. Wondering if this would fit my fractionally rigged folksong. GRP version of folkboat. If you think it might can you give me some more info? Dimensions and the like. Or where I might find it on the internet. Have had a quick look but have not found a lot. Many thanks. Dave

Hi Dave, have a look at these dims, hopefully this one follows these-
http://www.sailritesails.com/ShowAd.aspx?BoatName=HUNTER SONATA 22&id=7523&SourceID=26

As for Folksong- Genoa: Luff- 25', Leech- 24', Foot- 12', Area- 150'sq.
Jib: Luff- 20', Leech- 18', Foot- 8', Area- 84'sq.

(But these numbers are not my measurements, so don't take my word!).

So, a quick look suggests luff maybe a tad shorter, and foot longer. Hope this helps.

davesea123

Visit site
furling gear

thanks for reply. still doing a bit of research re dimensions. can you tell me whether the nemo gear is suitable for reefing or just furling. also would it be possible to pack up and post or would i need to collect? many thanks dave

sailduck

Visit site
Nemo gear is fine for both furling and reefing (I used it twice when I first bought the boat and enjoyed a couple of fun days out in breezy conditions). I have since changed to hanked on sails for racing.

I am not 100% sure of the dimensions. The Sonata is a fractional rig, and the max genoa sail sizes are available on the class regulations. I'll dig them out later today.

UPDATE: max luff of a racing genoa is is 7470mm, so this Kemp one will be a bit shorter

The Nemo furling gear comes in about 8 or 9 aluminium extrusions (you can either not use one, or cut one to size) - so the furling gear will suit any boat with a luff of 7.5m or less

In terms of delivery - you can either come and collect (Lancashire) or I can arrange a suitable delivery (not sure what the extra cost would be - guess £25???)

Last edited: