From my window

ChrisW

Visit site
From my window I can see glorious blue skies, lovely sunshine, temperature is around 20°. But I can also see 8 typical Mallorquin workmen digging up the pavement outside my office. 4 making noise with drills and the other 4 standing around chatting. Its highly entertaining and headache inducing.

Miker

Visit site
John, did you have to post this message? We are going to be swamped with gloating messages from the Antipodes.
BTW earlier this afternoon I could see whitecaps in the Wyre.

Viking

Visit site
From my window to the left I can see the snow cover ski run on the mountain and to the right the fjord with the fishing boats fishing for the new season Torsk (cod)
- 5c
Location 62 30N 006 32E

claymore

Visit site
Swedish Curling Team

The other evening whilst watching the GB/Sweden womens curling match on the olympics, we were informed that the Swedish Captain was having trouble with her drawers.
Your post just brought that to mind -
regards
John S

tcm

Visit site
Re: russian weightlifters

The women's weightifting is just as fascinating. The commentator a year ago or so , at the Olympics, told us that he's beeen watching them practise. "I saw her snatch yesterday, and it was amazing! "

burgundyben

Visit site
I can see about 16 million Shanghainese going about their daily drudge, oh, and its raining, surprise surprise.

PS SOLTRON, dont think it was in this thread yet, a matter Ithought should be rectified.

romany123

Visit site
Wish I had a window like everybody elses had another look .....still see cars,how disapointing.......perhaps I should get a Round windw

Dave

G

Winter Olympics ( or 28 ways to slide)

Can't seem to get interested in it .

How about land yachts on ice for us lot ? Now you are talking serious leeway !

Would a bilge keeled Leisure 17 make it down the bobsleigh run ?

bedouin

Visit site
Re: Winter Olympics ( or 28 ways to slide)

Now there's an idea!

Serious Leeway - not a bit of it. Do you have any idea what the speed record is for an 'ice yacht'? It makes the water variety look like snails in comparison!

Grehan

www.french-waterways.com
Didcot Power Station

[nuff said]
[mind you Didcot can be seen from so many places (that didn't oughter be able to see it) that it's kind of the Nab Tower of South Oxfordshire] [even eyesores can become familiar landmarks]