Frigoboat and issues any advice welcome.Hi

alyson

Visit site
Any advice gratefully appreciated, I finally arrived at Leros to see the boat I had purchased, however as happy as I was to see it, we have a small issue with Frigo, we think this is water cooled, I have checked all the systems and electrics these are all good, so today I turned on the electrics on the boat along with water only to find that we have a large hole in one of the plastic pipes which of course is leaking, however totally inaccessible, this is a older boat, the access to this pipe is at the base of the cooler behind where the cooker sits, which at this time is empty as I have just ordered the new cooker, however the units around this are just sealed with no opportunity to dismantle, which ever way the pipe needs replacing, anyone dealt with a similar issue, any tips very welcome. Thanks

alyson

Visit site
Thanks for replying, I agree thewhole system does not seem to have any hoses, however after we had checked all the thermostats and everything, I tried all the electrics, although currently all in French as previous owner was French and under the housing for the cooker, there is a small hole and the hose behind it has a big hole in it, that hose seems to go below the cooler, however when you put the water pressure system on, on the main board this hose of course is pumping water straight into the bilge instead of where it should be going, which truthfully i m not sure where it should go, because its totally inaccessible. I have followed it back towards the engine I think..

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Thanks for replying, I agree thewhole system does not seem to have any hoses, however after we had checked all the thermostats and everything, I tried all the electrics, although currently all in French as previous owner was French and under the housing for the cooker, there is a small hole and the hose behind it has a big hole in it, that hose seems to go below the cooler, however when you put the water pressure system on, on the main board this hose of course is pumping water straight into the bilge instead of where it should be going, which truthfully i m not sure where it should go, because its totally inaccessible. I have followed it back towards the engine I think..
Hi ,
I stop posting but when I sew your problem I couldn't help but want to help you.
If when you are turning on the water , it's coming out of the pipe thats a fresh water pipe , nothing to do with the fridge .
I never have came across a fridge with plastic pipes ,
If it's a sea water cool fridge with a keel cooler and your still on the hard , that's possible your problem ,
Not many will work well out of the water .
If its not try and bridge out the stats.
If it isn't a keel cooler type or its in the water and still won't work, post with more info , someone will probably be able to help more .

As for the pipe, If the pipe goes towards the back it could be your hot water tank fill or if you have heads in the stern to the sink or shower .

As far as access goes , you find many boats have this type of problem , what we do is cut a hole in the inner skin then put in an inspection cap .

I hope this helps .

Last edited:

alyson

Visit site
Hi ,
I stop posting but when I sew your problem I couldn't help but want to help you.
If when you are turning on the water , it's coming out of the pipe thats a fresh water pipe , nothing to do with the fridge .
I never have came across a fridge with plastic pipes ,
If it's a sea water cool fridge with a keel cooler and your still on the hard , that's possible your problem ,
Not many will work well out of the water .
If its not try and bridge out the stats.
If it isn't a keel cooler type or its in the water and still won't work, post with more info , someone will probably be able to help more .

As for the pipe, If the pipe goes towards the back it could be your hot water tank fill or if you have heads in the stern to the sink or shower .

As far as access goes , you find many boats have this type of problem , what we do is cut a hole in the inner skin then put in an inspection cap .

I hope this helps .
Thank you so much, this makes much more sense, the boat is on the hard at the moment, I am going to the boat now, will get more detail regarding the fridge, however i will trace this pipe, whichever way it goes the pipe will need replacing anyway, but what you say makes logical sense, I will update later, thank you for your help it is very much appreciated.

grumpygit

Visit site
As Vic say's, it could be a keel cooler or a cooler plate. My fridges were sea water pumped from a seacock through the system to an above waterline outlet. All this was done in reinforced heavy duty rubber hose. I would definitely say any plastic pipe will be domestic water supply pipe.
This may be handy for you now and in the future www.veco-na.com/images/Frigoboat_Manual_Rev_35.pdf

alyson

Visit site
As Vic say's, it could be a keel cooler or a cooler plate. My fridges were sea water pumped from a seacock through the system to an above waterline outlet. All this was done in reinforced heavy duty rubber hose. I would definitely say any plastic pipe will be domestic water supply pipe.
This may be handy for you now and in the future www.veco-na.com/images/Frigoboat_Manual_Rev_35.pdf
Thank you for this link, very much appreciated, after reading I now know what I have, thank you, as for the leaking hose i am now able to see exactly what this is. the boat is currently on the hard for the time being. but your help is really aprreciated thank you

alyson

Visit site
Thank you for this link, It allows me to see exactly what system I have, your help is really appreciated.