45ft Steel Cruiser Single Handed

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
We have similar boats, mine is a Mk1 Princess 45. I never use the wheel for parking, the engines work much better. Getting alongside is straight forward enough, but you'd need to be pretty sprightly to get from either helm to get a line ashore.
Exactly. I always park from the flybridge helm, it takes 3 seconds to get down the stairs to the port quarter cleat. Biggest problem is with a blown off berth in a strongish breeze, the boat doesn't stay put. The OP's boat might be better, lower freeboard and more hull in the water.

I'm thinking of getting proportional thrusters fitted to hold the boat against the dock, currently awaiting a quote... Neighbour with a Sq58 has a third set of throttles and thruster control in the cockpit, Med style, quite like that too.

Lewisdb

Visit site
One assumes a serious look has been carried out on the hull condition internally regards corrosion by somebody who knows what they are looking for.
A clever shiney new coat of paint can hide an awful lot of problems on older steel boats, latent problems are much harder to hide on plastic boats.
I won't even consider buying it without a full survey. A professional would be able to spot any problems?