Falmouth tender charges: good news

jsl

Visit site
I am pleased to be able to pass on the following message, sent to Western Morning News from a PR office in Truro, but presumably reporting FHC's policy accurately.

"Stephen Lowden’s letter (Western Morning News 29th May) is simply not correct. Visitors to Falmouth who have paid to stay either on a visitors mooring or at the anchorage are entitled to berth their tender on the Visitors Yacht Haven for no additional charge."

I think that is what we wanted to hear.

oldsaltoz

Visit site
Re: charges:

Just a thought.

Is it wise to advertise additional charges invented by Marinas, Chandlers, Government's, Ratbags and rascals.

After all we are only pointing the way for "others" to follow with something like.
This new charge is an industry standard, have a look at the charges www.suchandsuch.con.

Just a thought. We could all do very well by highlighting Marinas, Chandlers, suppliers, and other organisations that provide good service and realistic prices.

Avagoodweekend......

jerryat

Visit site
Do you know what they mean by 'the anchorage'? Is that an area near to the town marina (not the one upstream) or does it mean anywhere in the Fal?

Out of interest I've just got back from a few days down there and DIDN'T get charged for anchoring in the river Fal upstream, but wonder if I would have been if I'd anchored somewhere off Town Quay for example.

Any idea of just what their policy is? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif