Fairline Sunfury - Water

G

Am I doing something wrong? I have filled the domestic water tank up with some 25 galls and it only seems to last for max 2 days? There are no obvious leaks. Is there a special way to fill it? Pressorised or not? Please advise

G

If you don't have a leak somewhere then you must be using it.

G

Steve, Have yopu got two connected tanks?, I had a situation some years ago when I 'filled' my tanks with a hose giving good pressure in a marina (now thats unusual!)until water ran out of the overflow. However what had actually happened was that the pipe between the tanks was smaller than the filler pipe and the tank on the filler side filled whilst the other was only partly full. Having said that 25 gal is not a lot, I found 50 gal with three on board (and a manual pump, no shower)would be safe for 3 days,and last 4 at a pinch. We allways aimed to fill every three days to be on the safe side. Try fitting a flexible for additional storage. Regards,

Eddie

G

Steve,

Are you leaving your system pressurised when not in use? I did this and was losing water from the handle of the transom shower of all places! Good news was that at least it was not ending up in the bilges!Sealing the leak solved the problem immediately.

A leak is the most likely - but it is suprising how quickly you use water if living on board for a weekend.

G

Leave your wife behind!

I have 100 gals of fresh water and if we go off for a period I get 3/4 days max including showers etc. Always fill your water whenever you get the chance, even if its only a few gallons to top up.

Nick