Fair-weather Liveaboard thread

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Thank god after reading all these posting I liable myself as a CRUISERRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .
I going back to bed ....

I don't actually label myself as anything. The boat to me is a floating caravan which moves when we want to go somewhere different for a while. As far as I'm concerned, the discussions on liveaboard forum are in general (excluding Star Lord trolls) more relevant to those who spend extended periods on board, rather than weekend sailors.

rotrax

Visit site
My home is where I sleep. It changes frequently as I move about.

It has been a semi converted Mercedes 308 LWB van, an Iveco properly converted Race Truck with bunks, both of these often parked in race circuit paddocks across Europe.

Then again, months at a time have been spent cruising in various boats, from a 40 narrow boat on the inland waterways to several yachts in most waters around the UK and Ireland.

Currently in lockdown in Wellington, NZ. We have a spacious 32 foot steel boat nearby which we have lived on. Now we have renovated an apartment below where the kids live we dont need to live on the boat.

When I am on one of the boats for a while, I consider myself to be living aboard.

Like Bluebottle answered in the Goon show :-

" Bluebottle - what are you doing in that cupboard? "

" Everybody got to be somewhere. "

RupertW

Visit site
I was asking a question not making a point. But the point is open for discussion... HMRC will tell you where you live if it escapes you memory. Your answer does not cut the mustard imho.
Daft question.

I hang around here even though I’m clearly not a liveaboard but learn a lot from those who are as we share a lot of the same issues and interests and almost nobody makes “them and us” judgements.

Star-Lord

Visit site
Daft question.

I hang around here even though I’m clearly not a liveaboard but learn a lot from those who are as we share a lot of the same issues and interests and almost nobody makes “them and us” judgements.
Someone else did not read the original question! Nothing daft about the question. Them and Us were not on the menu.

If you had read the whole thread you would not have bothered commenting. Unless you are as bored as I am!

Is someone who holidays - or spends half the year - on a boat a Liveaboard?

Last edited: