Excellent Undersea Video of Morecambe Bay

IRC Kevin

www.intrescue.org
Great link, Jim.

I'd love to see the bottom of Windermere in the same way.

The bottom of Windermere is anything but flat and boring. I'll be doing a three dimensional model when I've finished scanning all the Lake sometime over the next few years. But for now, just some side scan sonar stills with first, a bit of geography.

S00016.png

And now for a bit of history.

mysteryboat-1.jpg

This what Elfin looked like in better days.

elfin2.jpg

Lakesailor

Visit site
They reckon there is a graveyard of scuppered 17ft Class yachts off White Cross Bay area where it's deep.
The owners had new ones built regulalrly and didn't want anyone buying the old ones and creating opposition.

IRC Kevin

www.intrescue.org
They reckon there is a graveyard of scuppered 17ft Class yachts off White Cross Bay area where it's deep.
The owners had new ones built regulalrly and didn't want anyone buying the old ones and creating opposition.

I certainly know that some rotten ones were sunk behing Belle Isle. There is of course this one off Wray Castle that sunk in a race. Sail is still up.

S00108.png

S00107.png

Lakesailor

Visit site
You're going to have to get some very fancy software to convert all this into a 3d relief map like the Morecambe Bay vid.

I have a better and larger version of that pic of Elfin. I'll find it for you.

Last edited:

IRC Kevin

www.intrescue.org
You're going to have to get some very fancy software to convert all this into a 3d relief map like the Morecambe Bay vid.

I have a better and larger version of that pic of Elfin. I'll find it for you.

Dr Depth will do the 3-D mapping, but haven't bought it yet. Would appreciate another Elfin picture. Shame it was scuttled, but have a few more steam launch wrecks plotted and another one on my list of things to search for.

Other threads that may be of interest