Eleonora sunk in harbour

ProMariner

Visit site
What a shame, I remember her reaching about off St Tropez when she was new, a breathtaking site, I hope she sails again.

Poor bastard in the tug. The fleet engineer insists on a 4 second gearbox delay, to save on wear and tear. All of the usual permanently faulty alarms are constantly blaring at you and constantly needing reset, the drunk but good value AB is suspiciously absent, the office phones you on an important matter of a previous crew members last months timesheet, all while you are trying to fill in the 3 important weekly safety checklists the ISM manager 'needs', the client is raising hell that you haven't arrived on site yet. all this happens as you are manoeuvring. Then you look out the window just in time to see.......

Last edited:

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
What a shame, I remember her reaching about off St Tropez when she was new, a breathtaking site, I hope she sails again.

Poor bastard in the tug. The fleet engineer insists on a 4 second gearbox delay, to save on wear and tear. All of the usual permanently faulty alarms are constantly blaring at you and constantly needing reset, the drunk but good value AB is suspiciously absent, the office phones you on an important matter of a previous crew members last months timesheet, all while you are trying to fill in the 3 important weekly safety checklists the ISM manager 'needs', the client is raising hell that you haven't arrived on site yet. all this happens as you are manoeuvring. Then you look out the window just in time to see.......

Bullseye.

R.Ems

Visit site
My only comment
There are enough f’ugly yachts out there, aye aye, why couldn’t the tug bash one of them ?
Or indeed put the helm over, pdq. As a yachtie would .
On ships it's unusual to say the least, for AB's to make big sudden helm movements with 1) being told to do so, and then 2) repeating the order verbally back to the officer.