Eberspatcher service

tjbrace

Visit site
I have to rebuild my D4+ after a service. I think the machine screws holding the lumps of aluminium together are stainless steel and I see no sign of any Duralac compound on them.
Should I use something to stop them corroding together or does it get too hot for the available compounds.
TIA

Alex_Blackwood

Visit site
I have to rebuild my D4+ after a service. I think the machine screws holding the lumps of aluminium together are stainless steel and I see no sign of any Duralac compound on them.
Should I use something to stop them corroding together or does it get too hot for the available compounds.
TIA
If it hasn't been a problem in the past why should it be in the future? :unsure: Use what was on when you took them out! :)

tjbrace

Visit site
Thank you gentlemen for your replies.
Norman, I’m not too happy using copper with aluminium, lots warnings regarding copper antifoul paint on aluminium so I will give that a miss.
Alex, I could see no sign of any compound being used previously so I shall do the same. It goes against the wisdom shown here in other threads though.
Thanks again. T.

NormanS

Visit site
Thank you gentlemen for your replies.
Norman, I’m not too happy using copper with aluminium, lots warnings regarding copper antifoul paint on aluminium so I will give that a miss.
Alex, I could see no sign of any compound being used previously so I shall do the same. It goes against the wisdom shown here in other threads though.
Thanks again. T.
I wouldn't have thought that your Eberspacher would be subjected to salt water. 😕
Copaslip is primarily designed to aid the disassembly of metal object subjected to high temperature, but do what you think best.
There is/are Loctite products that are equally suitable.

Alex_Blackwood

Visit site
I wouldn't have thought that your Eberspacher would be subjected to salt water. 😕
Copaslip is primarily designed to aid the disassembly of metal object subjected to high temperature, but do what you think best.
There is/are Loctite products that are equally suitable.
+1 No reason why you should get either Galvanic or Electrolytic action on heater parts. You may have dissimilar metal but no electrolyte (Salt water). How old is it??

tjbrace

Visit site
Eber. Is 13 years now.
I had aluminium window frames in my first boat, Vivacity 20’ these were ‘affected’ by brass fixings quite badly. I don’t remember a submersion just a very salty atmosphere.
Thanks again.