East Coast Pilot Deben Entrance chartlet 2024

shanemax

Visit site
Thanks, I know its on the web site but I like to get hold of the actual shiny chartlet to keep on board in my pilot book.

fredrussell

Visit site
A good alternative to laminating is to give the chartlet a liberal coating of lard. I should confess though, I once ran aground at the Deben bar as I had applied the lard too thick at that point on the chartlet and it became opaque.

Puffin10032

Visit site
You can get a spray varnish which artists use to seal paintings. It probably won't protect against a serious dunking but should be OK for for a bit of rain or spray.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
You can get a spray varnish which artists use to seal paintings. It probably won't protect against a serious dunking but should be OK for for a bit of rain or spray.
There is a type of lamination that leaves a writeable surface and is far more flexible than the usual pocket laminator provides. But it is a commercial process - I've posted details of the company that does it on here, somewhere (a search on lamination and AntarcticPilot should get it). We used it sometimes for maps, where greater durability was required. But I'm afraid it isn't a realistic option for chartlets.