East Coast Crabbing (A Big Favour Needed!)

Yorkshire Exile

Visit site
Fellow East Coast Forumites. Being an old git I am considering becoing an old git gaffer after years of suffering from the pleasures of the Bermudan rig. Has anyone got a Cornish Crabber 24 (post 1993), Cornish Crabber 24 Mk V or a Cornish Crabber 26 on the East Coast that they wouldn't mind me having a look over? I am in Suffolk and I want to see one before travelling a few hundrad miles to see any of the ones presently for sale. I could buy you lunch.

MikeBz

Visit site
Have you tried the Cornish Crabbers Club website? Oddly they don't have an 'Area' which covers any of the East Coast but you could try emailing the "Rest of UK" contact. They also have a forum which you could join & ask in. Also if you do FaceBook there is a group (link on that page).

Plum

Visit site
Fellow East Coast Forumites. Being an old git I am considering becoing an old git gaffer after years of suffering from the pleasures of the Bermudan rig. Has anyone got a Cornish Crabber 24 (post 1993), Cornish Crabber 24 Mk V or a Cornish Crabber 26 on the East Coast that they wouldn't mind me having a look over? I am in Suffolk and I want to see one before travelling a few hundrad miles to see any of the ones presently for sale. I could buy you lunch.
If you search in the Boat Register of the Old Gaffers Association OGA - index there are many registered. If you are a member you can then see the owner details and where they are located. . If you are going to buy a gaffer anyway suggest you join
OGA - Home Page

Yorkshire Exile

Visit site

I'm sure there's at least one at my club on the Medway, but that's a distance for you.
I'm sure there's at least one at my club on the Medway, but that's a distance for you.

If you don't get a better offer, let me know and I'll copy this to the club message board.

If you don't get a better offer, let me know and I'll copy this to the club message board.
Thanks, I might get back to you.
If you search in the Boat Register of the Old Gaffers Association OGA - index there are many registered. If you are a member you can then see the owner details and where they are located. . If you are going to buy a gaffer anyway suggest you join
OGA - Home Page
Thanks Plum, I will try that.