Downloading my licence from OFCOM - help please.

hilaryjane

Visit site
It's taken me since March to finally get issued with an MMSI number for our new ship's radio. No matter what I did IE7 wouldn't let me download my amended licence but Firefox no probs. Getting through on the phone is also a nightmare - yesterday whole polace closed for 'an all colleague event' Chance would be a fine thing. But if you think their site is poor try trawsling your way through the RYA site for info on the licensing regulations.

VicS

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
No matter what I did IE7 wouldn't let me download my amended licence

[/ QUOTE ] And you followed the fix in the link Brendan gave earlier?

It has to be said though that one forum user has reported the operation of "enable" and "disable" somewhere amongst the security settings in one version if IE reversed.

richardabeattie

Visit site
"Most of the form is left blank"
Well that's rather my point! It's not laid out to show which bits to leave blank and in any case why not design a form aimed at recreational craft? I have asked by Chief Purser and all my deck officers and none of them recall seeing any lifeboats on my 27 footer.

VicS

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It's not laid out to show which bits to leave blank

[/ QUOTE ] Pretty obvious IMHO. You fill in the fields that are marked with an asterisk, all I think on the two pages, then complete the fields for the equipment you want to include on your licence. If you dont have a radar then you dont say you have one. I you dont have any lifeboats then you dont say you have any. It's that staightforward.

Back in Mike Martin's day I commented on the number of questions on the old downloadable form and was told it was the result of supplying info for SAR.

Even if you opt to pay £20 and do it by post you end up with an almost identical form to fill in!