Douty washers

dankilb

Visit site
^+1 - they came with our (diesel) filter (facor racor - for what it's worth!) and have been fine for a couple of years since. Lots swear by them and would replace copper washers with them as they go.

38mess

Visit site
I've used the douty seals on my banjo nut and initially for around 3 hours motoring I had no leaks, then checking again when I got back I noticed that they are slightly seeping. I nipped them up again but don't want to strip the thread
What have I done wrong, 14 mm seals.

colhel

Visit site
Thinking about this further, on a bango bolt there's a lip just below the head then an undercut with a hole. If this lip isn't thick enough, the rubbery bit of the washer won't seal properly. With a copper washer, it won't matter as much.

38mess

Visit site
It's much better than it was. At sea the engine would suddenly lose about 100rpm for a few seconds and sound choked then surge back up to speed. Always when fully loaded with around 10 people. Yesterday it was fine although when I checked the Banjo it was slightly wet

Assassin

Visit site
Dowty washers are designed for hydraulics and high pressures and as such are designed to be crushed slightly to seal them.

For your application I doubt you would get sufficient clamping torque to crush them so I wouls stick to a copper washer and get a pack as they cost very little.

John100156

Visit site
It's much better than it was. At sea the engine would suddenly lose about 100rpm for a few seconds and sound choked then surge back up to speed. Always when fully loaded with around 10 people. Yesterday it was fine although when I checked the Banjo it was slightly wet
Whenever I had this it was always a slightly challenged primary filter, but expect you have checked that already. Engine dipped for a few seconds then recovered...