discount club

bastonjock

Visit site
guys this is just a thought,why dont we try to set up a discount scheme with one of the online chandlers?

i.e club member gets 10% discount on buys

what about bulk purchases anyone though of group buys?

there must be some way of setting up a trade account to buy marine gear at trade prices,

does anyone have experience of this?

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
I belong to the Gib'Sea Association. Don't laugh!

This august group has negotiated discounts with all sorts of people. I paid £5.00 for lifetime membership of the Assoc and if I buy from any of the people the Assoc have negotiated discounts with, I just say I am a member and they give me up to 20% discount.

So it ought to be possible for a much larger group of people (the YBW's) to negotiate discounts with suppliers. Just needs someone to do the donkey work.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

FullCircle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Or what about a bulk discount order for antifouling - possibly from the manufacturer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think you could get 2 people to agree on which antifouling to order? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MoodySabre

Visit site
We have the advantage of living near to Benfleet ( not often regarded as a plus point) and Dauntless chandlery where most things are a very good price. Last year the antifouling I use has a manufacturers label and RRP on the lid. He sells for £20 below that.