Diesel Heater Insulation

GingerAl

Visit site
Used this method on sections of hot air duct that were accessible, including some complex junctions - very pleased aesthetically and with performance. I’m fairly sure I got materials from Screwfix. Key was to cut the insulation roll into necessary 150mm sections while still in the packaged roll. Could have cut 100mm sections.

steveeasy

Visit site
Used this method on sections of hot air duct that were accessible, including some complex junctions - very pleased aesthetically and with performance. I’m fairly sure I got materials from Screwfix. Key was to cut the insulation roll into necessary 150mm sections while still in the packaged roll. Could have cut 100mm sections.
Sounds a rather more cost effective solution than £15 mtr . Im going to give it a go. did you tape it fully or at intervals?

Steveeasy

GingerAl

Visit site
I didn’t tape it completely, just as necessary to keep it all tight. At junctions it ends up being nearly completely taped. Having watched insulation guys on site using that wonderful silver tape, I used relatively short lengths, maybe an absolute max of 300mm.