Crewsaver Ergofit 190N lifejackets: what's the difference between CS, OS and Pro?

tony_lavelle

Visit site
In a review of 12 new lifejackets, Yachting Monthly Oct 2015 awarded the Crewsaver Ergofit 190 Pro "Best on Test" available for about £170. However for £20 less they have the "Offshore" model and for another £40 less is the "Coastal" version with equivalent spec. Each has variants but all are offered with "Auto+" (automatic UML5 inflator, hood, light and crotch straps). The Crewsaver website does not clarify what the physical differences are and my local chandlery, despite some effort, was unable to find out. Has anyone else figured out what you get extra for the Offshore and Pro models compared with the Coastal version?

JumbleDuck

Visit site
They seem to get significantly chunkier as the price goes up. The front fastening gets tougher looking too.

Ergofit 190 OS:

0002685_ergofit-190n-os_600.jpeg

Ergofit 190 CS:

0002542_ergofit-190n-cs_600.jpeg

Ergofit 190 Pro:

0002679_ergofit-190n-pro_600.jpeg

Dab

Visit site
No pictures I am afraid, but I picked up a Crewfit life jacket booklet at SIBS. There are 4 jackets in the Ergofit range in ascending order: Pro, OS, OC and EX.

All of them have: moulded pull handle, fitted CSL light, chin support, sculpted bladder for self rescue, exceptional turning speeds, AIS S20 compatible, fitted hood, lifting becket, twin lifting beckets, webbing tidies, back buckle release tabs, hanging loop, durable indicator window, breathable air mesh lining.

In addition:

The PRO has: twin loop soft harness, hanging loop, 190N rating.

The OS has: NEO knife pocket, PLB pocket, single loop soft harness, 190N rating

The OC has: NEO knife pocket, PLB pocket, single loop soft harness, 290N rating.

The EX has: twin loop soft harness, unique number system, PLB pocket, reinforced webbing channels, hard wearing outer cover, 290N rating.

Unless I was planning to wear a PLB I would probably go with the PRO version.

pvb

Visit site
No pictures I am afraid, but I picked up a Crewfit life jacket booklet at SIBS. There are 4 jackets in the Ergofit range in ascending order: Pro, OS, OC and EX.

All of them have: moulded pull handle, fitted CSL light, chin support, sculpted bladder for self rescue, exceptional turning speeds, AIS S20 compatible, fitted hood, lifting becket, twin lifting beckets, webbing tidies, back buckle release tabs, hanging loop, durable indicator window, breathable air mesh lining.

In addition:

The PRO has: twin loop soft harness, hanging loop, 190N rating.

The OS has: NEO knife pocket, PLB pocket, single loop soft harness, 190N rating

The OC has: NEO knife pocket, PLB pocket, single loop soft harness, 290N rating.

The EX has: twin loop soft harness, unique number system, PLB pocket, reinforced webbing channels, hard wearing outer cover, 290N rating.

Unless I was planning to wear a PLB I would probably go with the PRO version.

That information varies somewhat from Crewsaver's website, which lists Pro, OC, OS, CS and Extreme. I have an Ergofit CS, which supposedly has an "easy to don" front zip fastening, and it's the most incredibly awkward thing I've ever encountered.