cosmote

sailaboutvic

Visit site
before we leave Italy for Greece can anyone say what cosmote are offing for prepaid internet , how many GB and the cost ,also can it be used in other EU country?
thanks

Irish Rover

Visit site
I don’t know the current situation but when I checked in February Cosmote were crazy expensive and Vodafone was by far the best but still not great. Here’s my last post from then
Data Only PAYG SIM for Greece

I checked Wind and Vodafone today. Wind are full of wind or maybe something more solid. €10 to buy the sim and €10 for 1.2 GB one point two folks in case you miss the dot. Vodafone €6 for the sim and €10 for 5 GB which is valid for 25 days. Will check Cosmote tomorrow.
Cosmote are the same as Wind 10 for the card and 10
for 1.2 GB so Vodafone by a mile. It could all change in a short while so always worth checking again.

JFowler

Visit site
Current Cosmote offer:

€25/ 10gb/ 30days
€80/ 40gb /365days

Top up via PayPal is the easiest for us.
Edit: I should add it can only be used in Greece.

John

Last edited:

jordanbasset

Visit site
We are using a £30 per month 50gb data only monthly contract with vodaphone UK It will be interesting to see if it cuts off after 2 months in Greece, but as we use it when we are back in the UK and Spain it still make sense

Yngmar

Visit site
We're still using a Three mobile internet SIM only thing on a monthly contract. £30 a month for 12 GB EU roaming (even in Ceuta) and despite it being in their terms, they haven't cut us off yet. We've been roaming it since June 2017, although once had a layover in Belfast and remembered to check the SIM into the network, not sure if that reset the timer :)

Last edited:

cynthia

Visit site
This month, info from the Preveza shops:
Cosmote, 30 euros for 15gig - 30 days. Had to be renewed in shop, not online.
Vodaphone - 28 euros for the sim including 5 gig then 10 euros each additional 5 gig top up. AgAin top up from shops only, no online renewal. 30 days.
Wind 15 euros for 5 gig, but can be topped up on line via the website, not the app. If you use the app, for some bizarre reason it is twice the price! Can be topped up twice in any 30day period.
Less than ideal this year. We went for the Wind option as there are few Cosmote or Vodaphone shops in the Ionian.

AndrewB

Visit site
This month, info from the Preveza shops:
Cosmote, 30 euros for 15gig - 30 days. Had to be renewed in shop, not online.
Vodaphone - 28 euros for the sim including 5 gig then 10 euros each additional 5 gig top up. AgAin top up from shops only, no online renewal. 30 days.
Wind 15 euros for 5 gig, but can be topped up on line via the website, not the app. If you use the app, for some bizarre reason it is twice the price! Can be topped up twice in any 30day period.
Less than ideal this year. We went for the Wind option as there are few Cosmote or Vodaphone shops in the Ionian.
+1, Corfu. Wind's €15 for 5Gb suited us best too. It was 6Gb last year, but is still sufficient if you do not stream videos. However MS grabs about 1Gb of that with their relentless W10 updates.

Last edited:

crisjones

Visit site
Vic,
We have Wind Italy - something like Giga International, only available to foreign passport holders and costs €9 for 20GB per month, renewable on line every month using Paypal.
We are in Croatia now and it works fine on Roaming and apparently Wind are pretty lax on their limits of how long you can stay on roaming, most people report it seems to be many months without any problems.
So you might be better getting an Italian Wind sim and just use that in Greece, would seem to be a good bit cheaper than Greek options.
Have a look here http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Italy for more info and links. If I remember you have to pay an extra €10 for the sim card if you buy it in a wind shop rather than ordering on-line. The website is all in Italian but Google Translate will get you through the registration process to be able to top-up online, once registered and first top up complete it is very easy to do future top ups with Pay Pal. However if you choose Giga International do not use it for anything other than data, even sending a text from your mifi to check data status and useage causes extra charges!! You can check your balance on the internet page once registered and this does not cause any more charges.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Vic,
We have Wind Italy - something like Giga International, only available to foreign passport holders and costs €9 for 20GB per month, renewable on line every month using Paypal.
We are in Croatia now and it works fine on Roaming and apparently Wind are pretty lax on their limits of how long you can stay on roaming, most people report it seems to be many months without any problems.
So you might be better getting an Italian Wind sim and just use that in Greece, would seem to be a good bit cheaper than Greek options.
Have a look here http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Italy for more info and links. If I remember you have to pay an extra €10 for the sim card if you buy it in a wind shop rather than ordering on-line. The website is all in Italian but Google Translate will get you through the registration process to be able to top-up online, once registered and first top up complete it is very easy to do future top ups with Pay Pal. However if you choose Giga International do not use it for anything other than data, even sending a text from your mifi to check data status and useage causes extra charges!! You can check your balance on the internet page once registered and this does not cause any more charges.
thanks Chris I look into that , still in Siracusa waiting for a window to cross , was very temped to return to Croatia but the new tax has put me off , let me know how you get on onceyou have to pay it again best to Sue from us both

crisjones

Visit site
thanks Chris I look into that , still in Siracusa waiting for a window to cross , was very temped to return to Croatia but the new tax has put me off , let me know how you get on onceyou have to pay it again best to Sue from us both

Apart from the stupid sojourn tax increase Croatia is as beautiful as ever, especially now when there are not too many boats around. I will post any extra info in the Croatian Vignette thread.
Have fun in Greece although it might be full of Italians who do not want to pay the extra sojourn tax in Croatia!!
Best wishes to Chrissie and Eddie from us both.

alexsailor

Visit site
and it is 2019... any new offers from Cosmote, Wind, Vodafone? I would like to buy something for two months and at least 8GB.
thanks...

alexsailor

Visit site
why:)
I love Greece!
Every summer for two months.
Here I am. Ericussa. Now heading to Paxoi and tomorrow Preveza (to buy sim from... Wind, Cosmote..?)

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I thought you were never coming to Greece again? Can't stay away huh? :D

I thought you was saving that for me Tony :) .
Poor Alex don't deserve it has he said he loves the place , as many including my self , it's that boldly tax we don't like .

Returning is one thing , it may happen one day , paying that tax is another .