Corsica and Elba Cruise 2016 (lots pictures)

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Great post, I was going to ask about the marina’s and cost, I know you have already said you had to book via an agent but is it possible to book berths for 18 meter and what are the costs is it totally mad! or just a bit insane!
Yes berthing prices in Italy can be stupid. In our jaunt up from Sardinia via Italy to France we found prices varying between €150 - €300 per night for a 20m berth in August and that was without going near the crazy expensive marinas in the Costa Smerelda or Portofino/Rapallo. For me the price of a good hotel room to park your boat is nuts but if you're going to cruise Italy in August and you want to stay in marinas thats what you're going to pay. Get yourself a big anchor and a load of chain and try to avoid them if you can

jfm

Visit site
Great post, I was going to ask about the marina’s and cost, I know you have already said you had to book via an agent but is it possible to book berths for 18 meter and what are the costs is it totally mad! or just a bit insane!
We are down in Spain and wondered about Italy but just know nothing about the marinas and the area and is easy to get into marina or almost impossible?
I only use an agent for Elba (Italy). Corsica marinas (France) are now most easily booked online at resaportscorse.com - it is a brilliant system now, after a slow start. It is typically 200-250 euros a night for 24m and I tend to do 50/50 anchor/marina. This year you get a space even if you book a week in advance - there is a bit of a recession and the lack of supply of berths has disappeared and it has become a buyers market again. I could get nice marina berths anytime I wanted this August, (Elba excepted, where imho you are better using the agent)

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Very much enjoyed watching that, thanks.

You must have your finger on the pulse of musical taste at the moment. Emily used the same soundtrack for her quick video of our family outing to Portugal :)

Re: Seabob painting it should definitely be possible. Princess had some made to celebrate their 50th anniversary, might be worth speaking to the Barke boys to see if they have a contact in the company or access to technical data.

N8QQfWx2RwqN7OlqhoJi_princess-seabob-2-640x360.jpg

Henry :)

Last edited:

MYAG

Visit site
Looks like you had a very nice trip with excellent conditions - very nice overhead and elevated pics so thanks for posting. I should have made the time to pop out there - something to look forward to for next year.

jfm

Visit site
Tee hee Henry - Hey I'm down with the wonderful youthful section of our society. I go boating with Caspar Lee and Joe Sugg, remember. :encouragement:

That is one of those soundtracks that you can load into iMovie first, before the video clips, because it's beat is so clear and consistent that you can then trim the clips to the beat when editing, which makes the finished article a bit nicer. Emily will explain :D:D Best wishes to her and S by the way. (Actually truth is that track was selected by one of the guys on the trip who did a lot of the editing - it was a team effort edit - and is much cooler than me, but I liked the line "we aint never getting older")

I've never looked closely, and a trip to Cannes or SIBS might confirm soon, or I'll ask Les Barkes, but I guess those Princess retro-Seabobs are done with stickers rather than paint, and didn't need any disassembly. No worries: I'm confident the thing can be disassembled and painted anyway. #firstworldproblem :D

When are you bringing your boat to the Med? Need a number for the lorry company?:encouragement:

Last edited:

jfm

Visit site
Looks like you had a very nice trip with excellent conditions - very nice overhead and elevated pics so thanks for posting. I should have made the time to pop out there - something to look forward to for next year.
Hiya M. Yes pop over when you can. I have that "two novurania tenders being towed" drone video that I must post soon. It's quite funny where that idiot in the 60 footer came past at 20 knots and made massive wake (I'm speaking like a raggie but I do sympathise with them). I'll post it soon. Hope all well

henryf

www.911virgin.com
When are you bringing your boat to the Med? Need a number for the lorry company?:encouragement:

At 200 Euros a night just for the booking fee..... :eek:

I'm far too mean. Besides you'll all be heading back once they pull the trigger on article 50 according to the Daily Mail or some such publication !

Will pass on your regards to the gang. Em's was looking over my shoulder at the video whilst on her way out of the door to dance then cheer leading.

Without being too geeky it was interesting to see a more casual, less polished video in terms of the edit. I've said it before but I find editing that hardest part of making a video. Seems frustratingly easy when others do it !

Are you going to Southampton at all? I've got charters on both Saturdays so will probably sneak in one day mid week.

Henry :)

BartW

www.amptec.be
Waw what a thread,
These drone pics bring the holiday report posts to another level, A new standard is set,
Unfortunately I can’t keep up with this trend, as I have no interest nor patience in making nor editing the huge amount of picture material.
Big respect for people that can it and do it , and dot it at almost professional quality !
The boating experience in the med, is a perfect example for using this technology.

And what a wonderfull region,
I knew about Sardegna and Elba (from own experience)
but didn’t realise that Corse has so many unspoiled white sand bottom anchorages,
Absolutely stunning.

Re Agents in Italy,
Yes we used one in Venice,
Despite the fact that they got me berth at 20min walking distance from San Marco,
It was not a nice but terribly expensive experience

We also had a agent in Croatia this year, in order to be sure to have a berth in a few strategic or popular marina’s
That was much more pleasant and affordable; arranged through close friends in Dubrovnik
(40 euro for booking a berth, and some tips here and there)

J can you tell me what kind of DMX interface you use to connect music with your UWL’s
yes I know I shouldn’t asc you that question, re my own business, ;-)
but then I’m a total amateur with everything related to showlight and DMX

fantastic report from an nice trip, thanks for posting,

MYAG

Visit site
but I guess those Princess retro-Seabobs are done with stickers rather than paint, and didn't need any disassembly. No worries: I'm confident the thing can be disassembled and painted anyway. #firstworldproblem :D

You guessed right JFM, they have a few of them placed around the Princess stand at CBS. Looks like a graphic is applied and then a clear laquer sprayed over..... Looks good

Last edited: