Continual quiz about the Bristol Channel (2)

bluedragon

Visit site
Phew....sweat pouring off brow!! Yup...time for a beer and a commercial break in transmission, but don't go away boys and girls, cos I'll be back shortly with a another REAL STINKER for ya'all.

bluedragon

Visit site
OK..beer is in the freezer, so I gotta be quick also or it'll be solid!

Back to pictures...where is this?? Maybe too easy, but we've all worked hard today.

PICT1452.jpg

bluedragon

Visit site
No feeding of Christians to the Lions? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, the coastline looks down west that's for sure. I'll try either the Lundy or Skomer Island nature reserves, where no marine life can be taken.

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
I was going to say Skomer is nearer, but there isn't much in it from Lundy.

Nothing to do with wildlife. (And you can fish at Lundy, except for the no-take areas. )
(And I'm surprised at the general lack of geological knowledge on the forums - the rock-type should immediately exclude vast sections of the Bristol Channel /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

bluedragon

Visit site
Of course...but the rock type seems to have slipped my mind at the moment... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ahah... caves...limestone? Gower? But where and what's forbidden. Removal of fossils and ancient artifacts? Still confused /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Time for cocoa and bed I think...zzzzzz

graham

Visit site
Could be somewhere around Castle Martin Ranges where you mustn't pick up unexploded missiles etc?

For those who think picking flowers is too girly I guess /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
I'm off to the kids for Xmas, so let's give it to Graham, cos he's pretty close. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Between Manorbier and Lydstep is a spectacular anchorage between two headlands - Old Castle Head (?) and Forbidden Head. There is a military installation at the top of the cliff, so the coast path has to take a detour inland, and there is no access from the beach to the clifftop.

You can anchor in about 4m sand, not far from the beach, which is good for firewood. The main problem during the day is bl**dy PWC's buzzing round from Lydstep Haven and playing in the bay.

graham

Visit site
My brain cant cope with any more today ,someone else havre a go .Merry Christmas to everyone. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif