Compare and Contrast the following as rations eaten cold going to windward in rain

Tidewaiter2

Turning Left this season?-Nach Friesians?
Visit site
...wind and cold with a salt spray soaked teaspoon:p
A Tin of...
The FULL MONTY

The ALL DAY BREAKFAST

BEANS & Sausages(cocktail/dobbin soss)

BEANS

FREY BENTOS PIE.. choice of flavour

State your reasons on one side of a postage stamp, covering texture, drooling potential , mal de mer inducing rating, taste and actual food potential need not be covered:D

Other contenders for sailing comfort scran should be certified free of actual food value.

Of Course, Motor boat entries are restricted solely to fois gras, and those cheeses, other pates, Eton Mess, etc which will not stain white slacks/shirts/skirts whilst entertaining on the fantail after arrival, and before popping into that loverly little bistro before all those 'ghastly wrraggies' turn up and drip sea water onto everyone:)

You can tell it's raining, can't you?;)

Last edited:

Wansworth

Visit site
...wind and cold with a salt spray soaked teaspoon:p
A Tin of...
The FULL MONTY

The ALL DAY BREAKFAST

BEANS & Sausages(cocktail/dobbin soss)

BEANS

FREY BENTOS PIE.. choice of flavour

State your reasons on one side of a postage stamp, covering texture, drooling potential , mal de mer inducing rating, taste and actual food potential need not be covered:D

Other contenders for sailing comfort scran should be certified free of actual food value.

Of Course, Motor boat entries are restricted solely to fois gras, and those cheeses, other pates, Eton Mess, etc which will not stain white slacks/shirts/skirts whilst entertaining on the fantail after arrival, and before popping into that loverly little bistro before all those 'ghastly wrraggies' turn up and drip sea water onto everyone:)

You can tell it's raining, can't you?;)

The galley and eating area on a trawler are at the back end of the ship so all movement is exagerated,nothing compares with coming off wtach in the cold to find everything on the floor and any attemt at holding a plate in the same plane impossible,going to winard in some slummy superyacht.does not compare.

SAWDOC

Visit site
I bought a set of second hand oilies from one of the crew of Puma when the VOR finishd in Galway last summer and found the wrapper from a Nature Valley crunchy granola bar (maple syrup) flavour in the pocket. Excellent stuff - I intend keeping up the practice.!

One of my heroes, the late great Cmmdr Bill King decided to forego cooking on one of his round the world voyages - does away with so much "essentials" it might be worthy of consideration.

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Pork pies & mars bars are the staples on our boat, but nuts & raisons, ginger biscuits, strips of cheese, crisps & celery are all useful finger food. But the main staple on a rough passage is sausage sarnies & mugs of hot tea passed up to each crew member in turn until supplies run out or cook throws up.

Tidewaiter2

Turning Left this season?-Nach Friesians?
Visit site
The galley and eating area on a trawler are at the back end of the ship so all movement is exagerated,nothing compares with coming off wtach in the cold to find everything on the floor and any attemt at holding a plate in the same plane impossible,going to winard in some slummy superyacht.does not compare.

Betcha scraping the contents of a precious Hotcan off the floorboards of a Wayfarer off Brown Ridge beats that for flavour-it's the extra salt and mud, sand that makes it really organic- Turkey curry as I recollect;)

jbweston

Visit site
A bad boy pot noodle is my favorite..(There are others) It's hot and the spice numbs your tongue so you can shovel anything else that comes to hand; in.

+1. Nutritious and classy too. No washing up (if you exclude the spoon, which can be licked clean and put in oilie pocket ready for the next meal).

If they'd invent a pot noodle with an edible package (like cornflake boxes) and ability to fluff up the contents with cold seawater rather than boiling fresh, we wouldn't even need to go below to boil the kettle.

But seriously, I use pre-made sandwiches or pasta and sauce if I have the foresight, or bananas and biscuits for a snack. And traditional pot noodles.